Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Key Responsibilities
- Policy and Statutory
- Provides input toward policy recommendations.
- Able to work with Corporate Policy to address Q&A and other issues that may arise.
- Has a strong understanding of the interconnection with upstream and downstream policy requirements.
- Helps others to make decisions based on consistent application of policy and statutory requirements
- Process Delivery
- Has a strong understanding of the key upstream and downstream process elements that flow through their area and is able to identify key cause and effect points within the full end-to-end function.
- Able to deliver multiple conflicting priorities
- Actively uses established metrics to understand performance against individual, department or organizational objectives
- Able to receive highly unstructured or inaccurate process inputs and deliver highly structured process outputs and decisions.
- Able to identify needs for new KPI development to support organizational objectives.
- Actively coordinates with others inside and outside the organization to address exceptions and identify continuous improvement recommendations
- Able to field and manage escalations.
- Strong understands the controls and reasons for them, including risk implications, within the process and business rules.
- Ensures and drives integrity of process controls.
- Has a strong understanding of the design of the tools and systems the organization uses/owns to delivery its processes and services.
- Process Design, Build and Test
- Able to develop desk top procedures of existing or new processes
- Able to create advanced process maps for existing or new processes
- Able to deconstruct processes and analyze end to end to understand control points, assess efficiency, assess business rules and policy implications, understand roles and responsibilities.
- Able to design new processes, including integration points, that properly account for process and policy controls, efficiency, roles and responsibilities.
- Fully capable to lead integrated design teams.
- Fully capable to create and perform test scripts.
- Change & Project Management
- Functions as change agent
- Able to lead projects of moderate to large scope
- Able to lead teams
- Uses formal change management tools and method, including effective socialization.
- Uses formal project management tools and method
- Able to develop effective training materials.
- Able to lead the implementation of new processes and policies.
- Able to project influence within the organization to improve process alignment and performance.
- Able to project influence to functions outside the organization to improve process alignment and performance.
- Decision Making
- Foundation for Decision Making is expert knowledge of policy, expert knowledge of process (Reason for Processes, Marriage of Systems, Policy and Risk Management), expert knowledge or how to execute process,
- Applies expert knowledge to the problem and provides correct solution path
- Effectively and actively uses performance metrics in the decision process.
- Understands the effects of decisions on the stakeholders.
- Effectively considers the needs of the stakeholders
- End User Support
- Able to analyze trends and identify training needs.
- Able to analyze trends and identify areas opportunities to reduce the necessity for inquiries.
- Able to analyze trends and identify areas opportunities to improve self- service tools.
- Able to improve support model design to meet changing needs of the stakeholders.
- Understands technology and is able to leverage its ability to improve the end user support function.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.