Prudential's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
With its reputation for innovation and award-winning products and service, Prudential Annuities is a dynamic organization. The Prudential Annuities Planning and PMO group is a 25 members strong office with responsibility for operational planning, project portfolio, program and project management.
As a member of the Planning and Administration team and reporting to the Director, Planning and Administration, the Business Process Improvement Manager has the following responsibilities:
- Collaboratively manage business processes, documentation and continuous improvement activities for the PMO.
- Evaluate current processes, recommend and implement quality and efficiency improvements
- Expand and implement, analyze and report on department performance KPIs and metrics
- Track, analyze and report progress to key stakeholders
- Actively participate in the design and build-out of new capabilities in the areas of operational planning, project portfolio management, program and project management.
- Document the department’s standards, procedures and work instructions.
- Administrate the PMO’s intranet presence, maintain and update process documentation.
- Engaging with project managers and directors, facilitate the organization’s continuous improvement process, monitor and control the activities across functions as defined in project and program debriefing sessions. Track and report progress.
- 5 - 7 years experience in business process management
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, project management or equivalent experience
- Six Sigma Blackbelt certification a plus
- PMP, BA or BPM certifications a plus
- Must have experience creating and documenting processes and procedures
- Process visualization skills highly desired
- Such experience applied to portfolio and project management processes in a PMO a plus
- Proficiency in Office applications:
- MS Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Power BI knowledge a plus
- MS Access development skills a plus
- Sharepoint site building and administration a plus
- Self starter, able to work independently and lead teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to engage at all levels in the organization in a fast paced, changing environment
- Comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity
- If candidate is based in Newark, 25-50% of travel may be required to Shelton, CT.
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.