What's the role?
Oracle's Worldwide Operation's group is responsible for the enablement of Oracle's cloud and standalone hardware profit and growth through world-class supply chain management. The Worldwide Operations team executes against this mission across five functional disciplines: Product Lifecycle & Technology, Sourcing & Supplier Management, Planning & Fulfillment, Manufacturing Operations, and Logistics Operations.
Redefining Spares Inventory Strategy - As part of a submission from our Opportunities for Improvement (OFI) initiative, we are in the midst of considering a business process change involving our spares inventory. In this change, our suppliers will undertake the cost of stocking spare part inventory and ship direct to the end customer. The intent is to eliminate the additional cost and time emanating from multiple touch points.
As a result of this proposal, there is a need for developing a business case for this proposal and coordinating the revision of architecture and process documentation if the change is implemented. What will I do?
As a Business Process Intern within our Worldwide Operations group, you will be responsible for:
What are you looking for in a candidate?
- Outlining the direct ship implementation effort (costs, stakeholders, etc.)
- Developing a business case for this proposed implementation (justifications, cost/benefit analysis, etc.)
- Making a formal recommendation to management and other members of the WWOPS Executive Staff
- Working cross-functionally with our logistics and supplier management groups to gather data and document architectural changes resulting from this change
- Updating process-related documentation and relevant architecture for the new direct-ship spares process
- Assisting with other business needs assigned to the BPAT group
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a Supply Chain Management, Economics, Statistics, Business, Industrial Engineering, Engineering Management
- Experience working with MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Self-starter with a desire to learn and have fun while doing so
- Enthusiasm about technology and innovation
- Interest in a rapidly changing business environment from one of the largest companies in the world
- History of working well in cross-functional groups and teams to achieve common goals
- Able to effectively and efficiently communicate ideas and concerns with other individuals
- Detail-oriented while also able to grasp high-level concepts quickly
Do you want to get a foot in the door and perhaps even get the chance to interview early for one of the best technology jobs in the world? If so, you may be an ideal candidate for our internship program.
Gain invaluable experience in what it is like to work at a leading global hardware and software systems innovator - Oracle. Your colleagues are industry experts and knowledgeable veterans. Your contributions will enhance real Oracle products and services. By the end of your internship you will be connected to a powerful network of professionals, managers, and executives.
Received undergraduate degree. Strong academic achievement. Strong interest in functional area of internship. Solid written and verbal skills, problem solving skills, and time management skills. Ability to work in a team environment.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.