McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services, our Pharmacy Management Systems offer customer solutions through three technology systems: EnterpriseRx, PharmacyRx and Pharmaserv. We automate, streamline and centralize systems that conveniently convert data into information and services that help to provide better care, better business and better results.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson's Pharmacy Technology & Services division has an opening for a Six Sigma Manager in our Atlanta, GA N. Druid Hills office. This position may require 25%-50% travel depending on the projects.
This position is an internal consulting role (identify problems and solves for it) and will be responsible for driving process improvements within McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services to achieve significant financial, operational, customer satisfaction, and/or employee satisfaction impact. The position requires strong communication, analysis skills (financial/data analysis), financial modeling skills.
The role’s key responsibilities are:
• Manage both tactical and strategic projects throughout various areas of the business to deliver incremental revenue, cost/expense reductions, and working capital optimization.
• Leads team in conducting meetings, interviews, reviewing documents, developing and administering surveys, composing reports and project plans, completing Six Sigma projects and coaching functional areas to meet Business Process and McKesson financial metrics
• Mentor & coach Green Belts and team members in project work, helping them understand and use Work-Out, Lean, Six Sigma for successful and timely completion of projects.
• Participate in informal knowledge transfer sessions to maintain high levels of Green Belt engagement
• To be a change agent focused on the success of our business and its customers.
• Act as an ambassador to build a culture of continuous improvement
• Drive adoption of tools and methods by reinforcing the value proposition
• Supports the identification and evaluation of the organization's risk areas to identify process improvement opportunities.
• Monitors and communicates the results of process improvement projects/ initiatives to management and the Executive Leadership Team
• Provide consultative services to our senior executives and business unit managers including financial reviews, business case development, and strategic project identification.
4 years relevant experience, optimally in project management or process improvement
• Proven project management skills and must have experience as a project leader.
• Self-motivated, organized and capable of pro-actively identifying, sourcing, and handling multiple projects (3-5 projects at any one given time) to successful completion
• Strong financial acumen/experience in calculating cost benefit analysis and ROI (helping other Black Belts and Green Belts identify financial savings)
• Strong problem solving, analytical skills including intermediate to advanced Excel, Access, Minitab or other statistical packages
• Strong facilitation and oral/written communication skills across all levels of the business.
• Intermediate to advanced PowerPoint experience and must be confident presenter and public speaker.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and gain commitment and achieve credibility at all levels of the organization.
• High degree of independent work and personal initiative; demonstrated experience as a self-starter; demonstrated ability to achieve results with low supervision.
• Experience in project management, management consulting, organizational change, and/or process improvement experience desirable
• Knowledge of Six Sigma tools and methodologies including DMAIC, Lean, Kaizen, Workout, and DFSS; proficient in Minitab
• Experience leading or managing small teams, including remote teams, highly preferred
• Knowledge of the healthcare industry, and/or software development life cycle is desirable
• Experience in back office processes desirable
• 4-year degree in related field, preferably in a business or technical discipline required
• MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred
• Lean Six Sigma certification desirable
• Project Management Institute (PMP) certification desirable
25-50% travel may be required
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.