Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers Microsoft's cloud services. The team is responsible for the following:
• Designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters;
• Managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure;
• Responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams)
We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness and environmental sustainability including delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and over 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
At the forefront of the action in MCIO is our Global Datacenter Operations (GDCO)!
We are looking for an experienced Business Program Manager within the Cloud Operations Platform Services (COPS) team under GDCO. The COPS team is responsible for driving the strategic and operational initiatives for Global DC Operations including delivery, deployment, and ongoing support of physical Cloud IT infrastructure. In the Business Program Manager role, you will have opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team of industry professionals across the IT, Logistics, and Critical Environment (CE) spectrums, supporting 24x7x365 mission-critical datacenters (DCs). This role will be working directly with Microsoft DCs across the world as well as Corporate (Redmond) Business and Partner PM’s to define, plan, and implement transformative global programs.
• 4+ Years’ experience working on large scale & global programs
• BS/BA in Computer Science, Business, or related field
• Industry recognized, current, program management certifications such as PgMP, PMP, PMI-ACP, Prince2
• Demonstrated Highly developed analytical skills and critical-thinking skills
• Ability to distill complex data/analyses into understandable information, guidance and actions
• Ability to distill complex information into consumable and actionable themes aligned to business priorities
• Deep focus on process development & execution, for purpose of driving measurable and tangible results
• Strong bias for action and the ability to effectively prioritize and drive work in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
• Passion for improving the customer, partner and internal user experience
• Ability to travel globally to support program work
• Basic familiarity with physical IT equipment (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.) & CE concepts and infrastructure (e.g. Electrical Distribution, Mechanical Cooling Systems, etc.) helpful but not required
• Strong knowledge of software engineering methodologies including agile development and Sprint planning
• Experience working on large scale projects and demonstrable ability to push them through on time and on budget
• Excellent presentation skills and experience with presenting to senior leadership
Excellent interpersonal awareness, ability to navigate ambiguity, and communication skills will be pivotal in bringing your project management and technical abilities to life, supporting Microsoft’s success!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.