Do you have a passion for driving business results by translating rich, complex data & business model into a highly accurate, comprehensible forecast & business plan?
If so, join the Resource Modeling team within the Resource Strategy & Vendor Planning organization, which drives world-class Capacity, Insights, and Vendor & Location Planning for Microsoft Customer Support & Services (CSS). The Resource Modeling team is accountable for WW resource planning of commercial tech support and consumer workloads, as well as building & maintaining the staffing plan to deliver customer demand - roughly 23,000 resources worldwide consisting of FTE, contingent staff, and outsource vendors. The CSS Resource Modeling team helps drive regional resourcing strategies, provides a rhythm of the business in terms of operational capacity planning, focusing on the overall health of the organization while looking for opportunities and areas for improvement. The Resource Modeling team is hiring for the role of Business Program Manager – driving annual budget & quarterly/monthly resource planning for CSS Partner, Sales & Customer Service segments across a wide breadth of geographies, languages, and workloads.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Resource Modeling team, serving an essential role by understanding CSS support data from various sources, analyzing trends, building demand models and helping design forecast solutions that align with the organization’s initiatives and long term strategies. You will interact with global counterparts across service delivery teams, Serviceability, and Offerings orgs to understand go to market strategies, support changes, and sourcing mix, as well as building relationships with other CSS teams to enable a single version of the truth demand & delivery plan.
The Business Program Manager will also be expected to drive a fundamental understanding of the Ops & Financial resource modeling processes, and be able to describe & educate the business on assumptions that impact the resulting HC plan. The successful person in this role will think strategically at a global & regional level, exhibit an understanding of how business process translates to results, and provide accurate and timely guidance to the business to ensure appropriate capacity across the CSS organization for WW customer support.
• 5+ years of work experience
• 1+ years of Project or Process management experience
• 1+ years of Excel experience
• Act as CSS Planning lead for a key business segments – assist service delivery with designing and implementing a comprehensive sourcing strategy for frontline vendors and depth FTE resources
• Formulate & build resource model based on demand inputs and CSS sourcing strategy related to location & staffing mix along with and other key capacity KPIs
• Document and communicate assumptions & demand forecast insights to stakeholders up to and including the executive level, with clear articulation of impact related to various delivery strategies
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with CSS & non-CSS teams, support delivery leaders, MS Procurement and CSS Finance controller
• Perform ad hoc business analysis and provide insight and recommendations for improvements, deliver timely insight into execution against the plan throughout the fiscal year
• Process Management: Continuously improve demand signal process. Document and define end-to-end process improvement across functions, systems and stakeholders. Engage with capability teams to ensure alignment in short and long-term demand planning system/tool roadmaps.
Personal Attributes & skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts. Experience preparing and presenting executive level communications.
• An attention to detail with self-discipline and a drive for results.
• Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries
• Experience in delivering results across functions and geographies within a matrix environment.
• Proven track record of delivering complex multi -year programs through multiple cycles
• Proven experience in Project or Process management roles and with exposure to forecasting, resource modeling, and demand-driven capacity planning aspects of Operations.
• Demonstrated skill set for ad hoc analysis, and understanding complex data environments. Fundamental data querying & data integration skills.
• In depth knowledge of MS Office Applications, including advanced knowledge of Excel such as Power Pivots
• Experience & understanding of Workforce Planning principles & tools will be a plus
• Experience with the CSS business organizational model will be a plus – including in-depth understanding of MSFT Services & CSS taxonomy, including Products, Finance hierarchy, demand drivers, and key performance indicators.
• 5 plus years of work experience in a related field.
Locations: Las Colinas, TX; Bangalore, India; Costa Rica, Romania
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.