The Worldwide Marketing & Operations (WWM&O) group’s mission is to enable the field to help customers transform and drive cloud growth for Microsoft. This group seeks to provide growth for Microsoft and deliver value for our consumer and commercial customers by building, growing, supporting, and inspiring the world's best cloud sales force. We operate with these guiding principles:
• Cultivate a growth-hacking culture by simplifying the complex and executing with speed and agility.
• Lead with an informed perspective based on insights.
• Drive an objective one Microsoft point of view and land a one Microsoft solution.
• Focus on what's best for our customers and advocate the voice of the field.
• Architect frameworks to land locally with global scale.
• Build on others' success and deliver impact through influence and collaboration across groups.
WWM&O’s Marketing Services team specializes in the delivery of services that enable marketing execution across the globe. The Marketing Services team, in particular, provides highly-scalable compliant services to drive world-wide marketing efficiency and effectiveness.
We’re looking for an outstanding Business Program Manager to join our “Content Marketing” services function in support of Microsoft’s commercial marketing digital transformation. As the Content Marketing services lead, this individual is responsible for developing, managing and optimizing globally scalable Content Marketing services for both Corp and Field teams, partnering with peers in Marketing Operations to ensure services delivery via offshore Marketing Service Centers (MSCs). The MSCs are staffed with highly-trained and experienced vendor/agency resources responsible for operating Microsoft’s Marketing Technology (MarTech) stack to deliver services at scale to Marketers worldwide. These services may include, but are not limited to Gated Content, Syndicated Content, Email Marketing, Customer Advocacy Evidence Publishing, and Customer Advocacy Reference Management. This role offers a great opportunity to contribute to Microsoft’s marketing transformation initiative, which has long-ranging, global scope. This role will operate in alignment with product marketing (Office, C+E), Field Marketing, and Core Sales & Marketing Engineering as part of a high-visibility effort at the company.
This ideal candidate will have passion and experience in below key areas…
• Content Marketing - deep expertise in building and executing Content Marketing activities, familiarity with how such activities apply in modern Marketing Automation and commercial digital demand generation scenarios is key
• Project Management – strong abilities in project management, cross-team collaboration, and stakeholder relationships – ability to work closely with business stakeholders to identify, plan, develop, evangelize, deploy and optimize new marketing services.
• Service-focused – strives to deliver clear business value and exceed service delivery KPIs & service level agreements. Experience prescribing vendor decisions (staffing/capacity, roles/responsibilities, processes, etc.).
• One Microsoft approach – can balance the needs of multiple stakeholders to deliver services that scale across multiple markets and lines of business.
• Organization – is highly organized, with strong problem-solving skills and a close attention to detail.
• Growth Mindset – excels in a changing environment, can see the opportunity in Digital & Marketing transformation, contributes ideas and encourages others to ‘lean in’ – ability to drive projects forward through ambiguity, drive consensus across functional teams, impact and influence without authority, and resolve conflicts in a professional matter.
• Communication – is a strong communicator, able to communicate at all levels and skilled at obtaining senior management and cross-team alignment.
• Lead a cross-functional v-team to define the scope, business objectives, standardizations and required project results for Microsoft’s Content Marketing services strategy.
• Identify, plan, develop, evangelize, deploy and optimize Content Marketing services globally.
• Drive adoption of services through readiness development and training deployment directed at multiple audiences (Corp/Field marketers and internal vendor execution resources).
• Liaise between Corp and Field stakeholders to review capability feedback and monitor utilization, driving requirements and brokering feature prioritization with engineering teams to develop/enhance processes & software solutions.
• Build partnerships and grow strong cross-group collaborations within WWM&O and across Core Services Engineering, Field Marketing, and Corporate Marketing Teams to enable improved workflow and engagement models
• Create a capability-specific communication plan, authoring and distributing global communications to evangelize services and shared roadmaps
Qualifications & Competencies
• BA/BS in Operations, Business Management, Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering or related degrees, Masters level preferred
• 7+ years’ experience in managing marketing programs, business management experience a plus
• 5+ year’s prior experience with a major consulting firm or large corporation
• Proven experience in Content Marketing, global commercial marketing experience preferred
• Proven experience managing agencies and vendors to deliver high impact business results on time and within budget in a highly dynamic business environment
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, we continue to expand our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences as we help others realize their potential. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.