Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Are you a seasoned Marketing Communications professional who is passionate about solving big challenges? Do you get excited about the opportunity to build and deliver stories that make a difference? Do you like to partner with leaders to identify priorities and build communication plans that tell the security story? Do you want to influence digital security attitudes and behaviors of employees across Microsoft? We are looking for someone like you! The Digital Security and Risk Engineering (DSRE) group, a division of Microsoft IT, educates, informs, and protects the enterprise with increased security technology and flexibility while protecting company assets. DSRE supports the company’s overall security mission by providing key security services that help protect systems, services, data and users. Our goal is to educate our employee population about the evolving threat landscape; including the motivations, tools, and techniques used by cyber attackers.
The DSRE Business Operations team is looking for a dynamic Education & Awareness Program Manager with a strong communications background to join our team. This role will deliver broad campaigns, create targeted education and training materials, and drive the strategy on how we communicate our security services. This person will also be responsible for implementing and maintaining program metrics to evaluate effectiveness of digital security initiatives and communications, providing recommendations where performance outcome improvements and opportunities can be achieved to inform and mature the program. There will also be an emphasis on developing effective social media and gamification platforms to influence behavior change and inspire the adoption of a security mindset within the company. The ability to work on a diverse team or with diverse range of people is an essential element for this role. A successful candidate will have a proven marketing & communications track-record, ability to communicate using multiple channels and is regarded as a creative strategist and outstanding planner. A technical background with strong command of technical acumen will also be an asset when creating a compelling security story for the broader Microsoft audience. If this sounds like you, we want to meet you!
• Partner with internal stakeholders to develop and execute broad security marketing campaigns
• Create and deliver targeted education and training materials that support our security services strategy Implement and maintain program metrics to evaluate effectiveness of programs and initiatives, making recommendations where improvements can be made
• Develop an effective social media and gamification platform to inspire adoption of a security mindset within the company
Knowledge, experience and skills:
• Strong analytical and strategic competences with a lens towards marketing/media concepts.
• Fearless approach to taking on new initiatives, building internal alignment & support, and driving it to fruition.
• Exemplary interpersonal verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to assemble, document, and present technical information to leadership.
• Experience communicating complex technical topics.
• Proven skill in authoring, documenting and managing complex technical information with varied stakeholder groups
• Team player with proven ability to work effectively with other business units, IT management and staff, vendors and consultants.
Preferred, not required: BS/BA in Marketing, Communications, Learning Development, Information Systems or related fields and/or equivalent experience.
• 7-10 years of experience in marketing and communications strategy and program management
• 5 -7 years of experience bridging initiatives and building story arcs that communicate how we are making the company more secure
• 5-7 years of experience with running global initiatives and rolling out complex marketing campaigns. Thrives in conditions that are continually changing and evolving
• A very strong cross-team collaborator with a successful track-record of leading and motivating virtual teams; offers a track-record of exceptional partnering
• 3 years of program management or project management
• 2+ years of marketing experience
• Boolean string: “program manager” or “project manager” marketing or “marketing campaigns*”
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com. #DSRE
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.