With over 21,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Services team includes IT architects, consultants, support engineers, sales, and business leaders who serve our customers in 191 countries and 46 languages, providing best-in-class platforms and productivity services. Our Customer Services and Support (CSS) team is on the front lines with our customers - Consumer and Enterprise - helping them get the most from their technology investments.
From end-to-end, Microsoft Customer Service & Support (CSS) is transforming the way we support our customers, and we want you to be a part of it! CSS is a dynamic, large global organization that delivers great customer experiences across all Microsoft products, every day.
In CSS, our vision and our promise is to Drive Customer Success with a Modern Support experience across the customer lifecycle. We aspire to deliver seamless experiences with quality, speed and value by building self-healing into our products and services to prevent and automate issue resolution before customers experience a problem. We enable our transformation with telemetry, tools, readiness and business intelligence to drive successful outcomes for our customers. We know our customers and anticipate their needs across every stage of the lifecycle.
The Tools and Technology team is looking for an experienced, highly motivated innovator who will drive CSS efforts to digitally transform our customer experience in support. As we seek to define and set the standard for Modern Support, achieving world class and industry defining support, this role will ensure that our strategic delivery and operational tools enable a broader support transformation with a digital business at its core.
With a vast and diverse lineup of products, each with a unique support experience requirement, we're seeking a candidate that can design and innovate digital solutions that enrich and improve the experiences of our Agents and Engineers who support these products. You will drive improvements by representing users with well-articulated, data-backed scenarios that clearly identify their challenges with an eye toward improving efficiency, effectiveness and satisfaction.
• Leverage and influence the CSS Digital Transformation strategy and deliver high quality transformation plans and solutions on behalf of CSS stakeholders
• Assess and manage our existing Support-related technology imperatives, goals and challenges
• Analyze and document the end to end user (support agent and engineer) technology experiences to optimize their day to day operations
• Use data-driven approaches to identify issues that erode user experience and satisfaction, and partner to form business solutions using agile methodologies
• Serve as a constant Champion of the user experience with our development and business partners
• Lead Monthly Technology Reviews for your products/tools to raise user needs and identify improvement strategies on behalf of our customers
• Provide plans that support the full Digital Transformation lifecycle, including design, implementation, adoption and support
• Participate in Release Management cadence as needed
• Work across CSS and partner functions to drive to the monthly reporting rhythm, including commentary creation and any correction of errors (COE) plans; facilitate creation of ongoing scorecard metrics, and proactively identify potential issues
• Manage and develop the data and analytical models and tools that support the Delivery and Operational Tools space
• Use a structured methodology to drive change (adoption) within the organization
• Execute measurable business value realization plans through oversight, tracking and reporting
• Drive quality outcomes through effective governance
• Assess MSEG/EG technology portfolios and map them to unified CSS Digital Transformation programs
What you bring to the role:
• Business experience; self-motivated, confident working at an executive level and comfortable working in a matrixed organization
• Demonstrated experience in digital tool design and architecture, and ability to document and communicate strategies that enable digital transformation.
• Ability to create effective relationships, listen, communicate, influence, and collaborate cross-team at all organizational levels
• In-depth understanding of customer/user analytics and VOC methods in sales, service & / or support group.
• Strong aptitude for quantitative analysis and effective at using data to drive change
• Ability to define strategy and execute operational tactics to create tops-down & bottoms-up connections
• Proficiency in working effectively within complex and ambiguous environments
• Immense passion with a positive attitude
• BA/BS in a quantitative field such as, finance, mathematics, economics, operations, research or business is required; Master’s degree preferred
• Experience working with or influencing an Engineering team
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.