Business Program Mgr, GetHelp, Customer & Field Advocacy, CPA
Posted: November 26, 2017
Reference ID: 1082030
Do you run programs like a well-oiled machine? Are you known for your strength in forging relationships? We are hiring an experienced Business Program Manager who brings clarity from ambiguity in a complex environment.
The Customer & Partner Advocacy (CPA) organization is responsible for protecting and advancing customer and partner satisfaction with Microsoft. We will work with product marketing, engineering, sales and services, and other key subject matter experts across the company on the strategy and execution of key projects. Microsoft’s Customer & Field Advocacy team (CFA) is a global network within the CPA organization, focused on advocating for Microsoft customers and partners. Unique within Microsoft, the CFA organization facilitates resolution of customer and partner related issues by connecting the field with authorities and key decision makers within the company. The CFA goal is simple: We advocate for our customers to make Microsoft better. Every day!
CFA handles GetHelp - a strategic, field-focused, holistic escalation service. GetHelp allows Microsoft to listen to and address customer and partner issues that can’t be resolved through normal support channels. CFA/GetHelp is also tightly aligned with OneList, a company-wide resource dedicated to solving systemic issues that compromise revenue, usage, and/or satisfaction.
As a key resource for Microsoft employees and partners, GetHelp provides a mechanism to address individual customer issues and identify systemic problems that impact our customers and partners.
Business Program Manager – The Impact You’ll Be Making
In this critical role for customers and partners, you will be accountable for leading a team of peers to design and drive CFA’s engagement strategy – from how we form relationships to derive key insights through to aligning positive outcomes for our customers and partners. Your ability to maneuver from setting strategic direction to strong implementation of the details will lead our organization to deliver greater impact!
As a member of our great team, you will:
• Lead a cross-organizational v-team in implementing a global engagement strategy for CFA. Engagement refers to how we leverage our connection points with field and corporate to drive better outcomes for our customers and partners.
• Define and own detailed implementation plan for engagement – from design to communication and training.
• Land engagement strategy with approximately 200 people across 40 countries, measure progress and gaps in understanding and remediate as needed.
• Communicate program objectives and progress to leadership, flagging risks and issues as appropriate with planned mitigations.
• Adapt through feedback; incorporate best practices from local teams into the global strategy.
• Deftly balance efforts between setting strategic direction and sound execution.
• Refine tooling to accommodate seamless processing of engagement data – optimize for delightful user experience
• Integrate field and subject matter expert frameworks to capitalize on synergies and economies of scale to form an end to end stakeholder engagement framework
• Design and implement metrics to successfully track the value and business impact of engagement activities
• Influence engagement strategy evolution, ensuring it is connected and balanced with other CFA objectives
• Amplify impact through close collaboration with partners in other CPA teams to identify and implement shared value opportunities
• Deeply assess key company strategies like the Global Sales Transformation and the introduction of the Customer Success organization to inform the engagement model.
• Lead cultural transformation as a core part of strategy transition.
• Influence decision-makers in our organization to craft shared priorities and goals.
You will bring:
• 5+ years of business management, program management, product management / marketing or consulting.
• Excellent skills in all aspects of planning, cross-group collaboration, analytical capabilities and attention to detail.
• Ability to drive alignment towards a shared vision; builds credibility quickly to influence peers.
• Experience in metric or scorecard design and execution.
• Ability to design a program and coordinate leaders to execute against a vision
• Excellent relationship manager – able to coach others to grow their skills in this area.
• Experience working in sales or post-sales customer-facing role or working with field organizations.
• Knowledge of Microsoft’s field sales organization, customer success organization, and engineering teams is preferred.
• Experience in landing a program strategy or background in change management is preferred.
• Strong leadership. Influences leadership teams. Influences strategic and operational decisions across teams.
• Biased for action: proven expertise in guiding peers and leaders to sound decisions quickly, backed with data and insights when available
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA a plus
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal, and confirmed ability to communicate concisely and effectively with executives, employees, partners, and communities.
• Knowledge of global and cross-cultural communication styles and business protocol.
• Proven history of customer-focused performance excellence with strong communication, writing, and collaboration aptitude.
Customer & Partner Advocacy (CPA)
CPA drives lifetime loyalty by listening, responding, and driving resolution of their issues within Microsoft products and services. In addition, CPA enables change by analyzing trends, identifying top issues, and influencing future products and services offerings.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.