Participate on a centralized team (Information Research Services) of Research Consultants and Analysts responsible for providing valuable business research within the Wholesale Bank, with primary focus on Corporate & Investment Banking, Middle Market Banking, and Small Business Banking. The primary goal of Information Research Services is to extend WF’s competitive edge by positioning our professionals to successfully do the following:
- Understand their clients (i.e., credit/risk assessments, prospecting, market intelligence, relationship & portfolio management, public information books - PIBS).
- Pitch engagements or compete for business (i.e., preparation and pitchbooks).
- Execute deals/transactions (i.e., confidential information memorandums, prospectuses, lender’s presentations, advisory, hedges, etc.).
Research Consultant will serve as a senior member of the team, and report to the Head of Information Research Services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Utilize a variety of online resources to help fulfill the daily volume of ad-hoc requests for research.
- Focus on complex research requests including industry & market research, M&A data analytics, real estate research, topical research/studies, comprehensive research projects, vendor comparisons & assessments, and global research.
- Support the training, growth and development of junior members of the team (e.g., Research Analysts). Research Consultants will regularly consult with clients on clarifying, fine-tuning or narrowing requests to help manage expectations and improve search results.
- Support team lead with administrative initiatives and other special projects including online tool development, work-flow queue oversight, marketing, training (e.g., LOB clients), LOB outreach & relationship management, and vendor management & development.
- A typical day will consist of reviewing requests, sourcing & screening information, and distributing material in a time sensitive manner.
- With innovation and continuous improvement at the forefront, Research Consultant will help team monitor sources for relevance and effectiveness; identify appropriate resources consistent with the developing research needs of the client; and help evaluate ways to improve internal operating processes.
Marketing leads the development of integrated marketing strategies across Wells Fargo's 90 plus business lines and national geography. The group is responsible for strengthening our brand reputation, preference, and differentiation through strategy and advertising, database and experiential marketing, digital programs and product development, and market research and related customer analytics We strive to establish life-long relationships with our customers and propel Wells Fargo to be among the most trusted and admired brands.
- 4+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 2+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Master of Library & Information Science (MLIS) with investigative and research skills
- 4 years of experience performing research in a financial institution; or exposure to investment banking, and/or market data
- Knowledge of online sources including but not limited to S&P, Moody’s, Fitch, MergerMarket, Thomson Reuters, Dow Jones, Frost & Sullivan, LexisNexis, CoStar, Euromonitor, and Dunn & Bradstreet
- Experience in researching across a broad range of industries and entities, including consumer products; energy; financial institutions; technology; financial sponsors; healthcare; industrial growth; media & telecom; and private equity
- Broad knowledge of capital markets deal execution process and standards
- Motivated; self-starter; proactive
- Ability to organize and manage a diverse range of assignments and projects with high efficiency, yet thorough attention to detail and follow through
- Demonstrates excellent research skills, including patience to achieve successful research results
- Resourceful and independent, but comfortable working within a team-oriented environment
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
CA-SF-Financial District: 525 Market St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.