Company: Sysco Gulf Coast
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is a Sales & Marketing position responsible for developing and/or conducting customer Business Reviews, whether in house or in the field and focusing on both front and back of the house operational needs. The role involves expertise in all Sysco operational tools, value-added services (i.e. menu services, CAKE, customer reporting tool) and technology offerings. This position demonstrates products, using culinary expertise, and provides educational and analytical business expertise.
- As noted in Sysco’s Leadership Framework; On-target performance includes exhibiting the following framework components; Core Qualities, Shaping the Future, Delivering Business Results and Leading People.
- Support Customer Engagement efforts by enabling the sales organization to provide Sysco customers with expanded service channel options (e.g. Sales Coordinator, Sysco Market and Sysco Mobile).
- Through partnership with MAs and DSMs, responsible for clearly identifying customer challenges, needs, or opportunities and delivering creative and productive solutions to help customer business and drive case growth
- Coordinate with Director of Business Resources, leveraging data to identify top opportunities for a consultation
- Visit customer to provide consultation (e.g., inventory management, social media and marketing, etc.)
- Manage customer business review and provide relevant templates for the review
- Develops and executes the Back of the House Reviews which includes evaluating customers’ back of the house operations such as set up, quality, food cost and consistency.
- Conducts research to determine customer needs and opportunity to grow sales; stays current on market and industry trends
- Makes recommendations to improve a customers’ back of the house operations and processes based on findings.
- Determines appropriate timeline for follow up with the customer to ensure implementation based on the ideas and concepts accepted by the customer.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of our solutions and services partners (i.e. CAKE) and all technology offerings (i.e. mobile, reporting).
- Conducts Customer Training Seminars for the Back of the House as needed.
- Masters the Menu Analysis & Menu Engineering program to analyze each item on the customers menu and items being evaluated for inclusion on the customers menu. This program lists the portion size and cost of each item to determine the overall food cost and gross profit of each menu selection.
- Works with members of Sales & Marketing Management to manage the local stratification of our customers and to develop tools & research to target our marketing efforts and dollars towards specific direct efforts.
- Researches, writes, proofreads and offers recommendations for the design of our Operational Tools.
- Develops a wide variety of menu suggestions for specific customer needs.
- Assists in account development.
- Contributes menu suggestions with menu analysis, preparation instructions and photographs for publication in customer-directed brochures.
- Participates in sales meetings, food shows and other related functions, with capability to serve as a training for related topics.
- Meets weekly with supervisor to review past and future progress along with upcoming tasks. Topics to include, but not limited to, work plan for coming week and follow up for previous consultations.
- Serves as an ambassador for Sysco brand and an expert on innovation items (Cutting Edge Solutions) and CatMan products.
- Supports MA adoption of Opportunity Feeder profit opportunity conversions through additional training, product exposure and incorporation in recipes.
- Serves as an additional resource for the OpCo to follow up and support Red Alert customer issues.
- Significant use of Sysco 360 as a communication, collaboration and analytical tool.
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Cook, Sous Chef and Executive Chef experience.
- Marketing or Restaurant Hospitality degree.
- Foodservice managerial experience.
- Customer contact experience.
- Deep understanding of the food service industry; intimate knowledge of the MA and DSM job functions, company proprietary computer programs, policies, procedures, and Sysco’s business metrics.
- Through partnership with MAs and DSMs, responsible for clearly identifying customer challenges, needs, or opportunities and delivering creative and productive solutions to help customer business and drive case growth.
- Coordinate with Director of Business Resources, leveraging data to identify top opportunities for a consultation.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications. Exhibit professional facilitation of training content, and /or meeting execution.
- Demonstrated experience with and working knowledge of Sysco customers and sales support best practices.
- Knowledge of marketing principles, product lines, ordering procedures and credit terms of Sysco. Familiarity with customer service activities, inter-departmental communications and general finance concepts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.