Business Services Snr Manager-Support
Posted: January 16, 2017
Reference ID: 170000GB
ORACLE'S ADVANCED CUSTOMER SUPPORT (ACS) SERVICES
The Territory Manager (TM) is a strategic senior level business and client management role. It is a leadership role in the client relationship team that aims to ensure successful selling, closure, and client satisfaction with Oracle products and support services.
The TM plays a leadership role in the creation of support service offerings to fulfill the strategic goals of our clients. In addition, the TM is responsible for creating the presales "win team", as well participating in the proposal bid process.
It is therefore critical that TM's possess solid skills in four key areas: sales, technical, team leadership, and customer management. All TM tasks mentioned in this document correlate to these four major areas of responsibilities.
TM is an evangelist for all Advance Customer Services (ACS) both internal XLOBs, customers and Oracle partners. TM's are expected to work with other Oracle organizations to define account strategy and tactics.
• Opportunity Qualification: Participates & supports ACS Sales Rep in qualifying sales opportunities to understand a client's business needs and assess ACS's opportunity to win and to ensure opportunities are right for ACS.
• Pre-Sales Resource Allocation: Leads technical pre-sales efforts to appropriately identify, assign, prioritize, and ensure the presales team.
• Solution Development: Leads the development of a comprehensive and total solution set to the customer. Also responsible for determining margin of the services within the entire proposed solution.
• Bid to Delivery transition: Co-lead the Bid to Delivery transition with the TAM and other delivery members to ensure Delivery team understands what was proposed, giving special emphasis to the technical solution and scope built into the Proposal and exhibit / contract.
• Client Satisfaction: Responsible for all aspects of client satisfaction during the delivery process.
• Leadership: Leads a team of seasoned senior Technical Account Managers. Coach, develop and ensure team members are delivering excellent customer service as well as meeting and exceeding operational goals. The ability to effectively work with and influence groups of people to accomplish a set of tasks is a key part of this leadership skill.
• Technical: Responsible for having a current level of understanding of Oracle products and ACS solution offerings. Technical skills include knowledge of products, software, services, and ACS offerings. These skills are best applied during the solution development phases of discovering a client's business issues and determining how our solutions can best solve client problems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 10-15 years of industry experience, including a minimum with 5 or more years in an IT solution business development/consultative services.
• 5-8 years in solution sales support and solution delivery
• Client Management experience, preferably in a professional services organization, dealing with fortune 100 companies.
• 5 years leadership experience in managing groups of people to perform a set of complex tasks
• Business Development experience
• Proven successful and highly attuned interpersonal and influencing skills both within Oracle and external
• Excellent written and spoken English skills.
• Prepared to work in, and lead, virtual teams
• Sophisticated at dealing with conflict in a constructive manner
• Understanding of Oracle/ACS policies and products and how they are implemented in a customer environment.
• Able to structure both formal and informal presentations/proposals for delivery at management and customer level
• MBA preferred
Advanced Customer Services (ACS) Territory Manager (TM) responsible for all aspects of the business, including: customer satisfaction, employee development (TAMs and SDMs), team morale and performance, optimizing the overall operation of the business, and attending to all administrative operational duties.
Manages designated territory. Ensures appropriate account plans and delivery plans are established, managed, updated, and reviewed for all customers and contracts within assigned territory. Works collaboratively with account managers, the Enterprise CSM/CSD, ACS partner teams, and the FSR to ensure optimal operation to meet revenue, margin, utilization, retention and other key business goals. Responsible for: managing costs, optimizing revenue generation, maximizing utilization, accurate time entry and TandM forecasting, complying with all business practices/policies and norms, ensuring within-scope delivery, achieving expected customer satisfaction, obtaining contract renewal/retention, managing resource assignments, conducting account planning sessions, ensuring complete delivery plans, and promoting periodic value-based account reviews. Translates departmental goals into performance objectives for his team and works collaboratively with the extended account team to ensure that departmental and individual goals are achieved. Measures progress against the overall territory plan while routinely coaching account managers to maximize performance.
Demonstrate competency and experience in the following five key areas: 1) strong administrative and organizational skills, 2) advanced business acumen and knowledge of business terminology, 3) experience managing staff 4) knowledge of ACS services or similar experience managing professional services, and 5) effective customer and account management expertise. Good working knowledge of the tools, methods and techniques used to conduct periodic Account Planning and Account Reviews, solid background in Professional Services, Account Management, Project Management, IT Management, Customer Support, and Enterprise Software Deployments. PMP and basic ITIL Certification is desirable. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and soft-skills, extensive customer face-to-face experience at senior or executive levels, relationship building skills, both internal and external (with the customer). Able to manage and control activities in multi-functional areas of sections and ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate business needs.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.