Individuals in the Business Analysis role are responsible for serving as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization. They collect, analyze, develop, document, communicate business requirements, and support user testing to achieve business goals. Business Analysts continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction, deepen client relationships, and effectively manage customer expectations.
Based on breadth and depth of understanding of business needs and processes, they collaborate with IT professionals to determine if solutions currently exist (internally or externally) or whether new solutions are feasible. They take a broad perspective to determine how such solutions will impact existing work processes and systems, and how to manage the integration. Business Analysis professionals are responsible for proactively identifying technology opportunities that impact corporate business strategies and performance.
Business Analysis professionals educate project team members on business unit goals and objectives and educate the business on the value of information technology. They also display innovation in identifying, proposing, and overseeing the execution of business solutions. Through adaptable communication skills and the ability to translate between technical and business language, they work collaboratively, negotiating requirements across multiple groups.
Business Analysts must have a solid understanding of the client's existing business processes, the key drivers and measures of success for the business, and the short- and long-term direction of the business and related technologies. They must have a working knowledge of the business area that they support and should be equally aligned with the IT department. Strong leadership, relationship management, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills are also required.
Business Analysts work with business partners within one or more business processes to align technology solutions with business strategies. They support one or more moderately to highly complex business processes. They serve as a team member, sometimes as a technical lead. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Establishes and maintains liaison relationship with business partners and IT organization in order to provide effective technical solutions.
- Conducts data gathering and analysis to understand business strategy requirements.
- Contributes to the business short-and long-term planning sessions and provides direction to ensure understanding of business goals and direction.
- May provide direction for short-and long-term planning sessions and provides direction to ensure understanding of business goals and direction.
- Provides input from a business and IT perspective.
- Assesses client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying business priorities and advices on options.
- Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
- Analyzes customer's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- May provide factual content to feasibility study for standard development projects and enhancements.
- May provide assistance in business case development (i.e., research, data collection).
- May develop user test cases and system integration testing and validates test results during testing.
- May review and approve test plans and monitors testing process to ensure that business results are adequately tested with minimal risk.
- May execute test cases.
- May ensure test strategies involve appropriate integration and process components.
- Investigates problems and develops recommendations for resolution.
- Identifies need for technical assistance to help in problem resolution.
- Keeps customers informed of problems, issues, and resolutions.
- Analyzes performance metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manages customers' expectations.
- Ensures IT solutions meet customers' needs.
- May meet regularly with team to gather work statuses.
- May discuss work progress and obstacles.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback.
- Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
- May generate appropriate communication, process and educational plans for mitigating the disruption of change.
- May identify and remove obstacles to change.
- Coaches and transfers knowledge to less experienced team members.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Typically requires 5-7 years of relevant technical or business work experience. Requires experience/in-depth knowledge of business operations and systems requirements processes. Working knowledge of IIBA principles and practices MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 5 years relevant technical or business work experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team / group setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.