Under the direction of the SAP Solutions Manager, Supplier & Financial Services, this role is responsible for the functional requirements, design, configuration, and delivery of SAP FICO solutions in SAP environment.
Establishes and maintains liaison relationship closely with the Business Facing Services teams, Integrated Business and Technical teams to design, develop, test and implement appropriate solutions within the SAP FI and CO modules to effectively meet business requirements.
This role is accountable for ensuring the delivery and ongoing operation of a functional solution that effectively meets evolving ABC business and customer requirements. As such, the candidate must demonstrate exceptional communication skills, attention to detail, and an ability to build collaboration across the enterprise
Individuals in the Business Analysis role are responsible for serving as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization. They collect, analyze, develop, document, communicate business requirements, and support user testing to achieve business goals. Business Analysts continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction, deepen client relationships, and effectively manage customer expectations.
Based on breadth and depth of understanding of business needs and processes, they collaborate with IT professionals to determine if solutions currently exist (internally or externally) or whether new solutions are feasible. They take a broad perspective to determine how such solutions will impact existing work processes and systems, and how to manage the integration. Business Analysis professionals are responsible for proactively identifying technology opportunities that impact corporate business strategies and performance.
Business Analysis professionals educate project team members on business unit goals and objectives and educate the business on the value of information technology. They also display innovation in identifying, proposing, and overseeing the execution of business solutions. Through adaptable communication skills and the ability to translate between technical and business language, they work collaboratively, negotiating requirements across multiple groups.
Business Analysts must have a solid understanding of the client's existing business processes, the key drivers and measures of success for the business, and the short- and long-term direction of the business and related technologies. They must have a working knowledge of the business area that they support and should be equally aligned with the IT department. Strong leadership, relationship management, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills are also required.
Business Analysts work with business partners within one or more business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies. They will support one or more moderately to highly complex business processes and serve as a team member, sometimes as a technical lead. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible primarily for providing SAP FICO solutions to meet business requirements with SAP best practices.
2. Executes and tests appropriate configuration related to SAP FI and CO modules.
3. Writes clear, complete functional specifications for the development team.
4. Responsible for becoming completely familiar with existing design and enhancements.
5. Understands and help influence data and interfaces between SAP and external systems.
6. Responsible for definition and acquisition of new requirements; works with stakeholders to define implementation timeline.
7. Ensures coverage, execution, and remediation of test activities (e.g. unit, integration, user acceptance).
8. Supports the development and delivery of training assets.
9. Supports the deployment of production systems and provides post-production support.
10. Analyzes change requests and determines appropriate solutions.
11. Updates configuration as needed and works with developers to modify programs and ensures adequate end user testing and acceptance of all system changes.
12. Provides configuration and FICO knowledge support to other analysts.
13. Collaborates with other Functional Analysts to develop effective SAP solutions.
14. Ensures integration with other modules is effectively tested during integration testing.
15. Researches and identifies appropriate SAP solutions to business requirements.
16. Utilizes past experiences and knowledge to recommend appropriate business process solutions to new business requirements.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned.Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business and/or Finance Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Technical Experience and other Requirements:
- 8 or more years of experience as a SAP functional Analyst specializing in the FI and CO modules
- Additional experience with GL Accounting, Chart of Accounts, Financial Statements, Capital Budgeting, Corporate Finance, Asset Management, Cash Management, Treasury Management and COPA Reporting is required
- 2 or more full life-cycle implementations of SAP which must include requirements gathering, blueprinting, functional testing, and SAP configuration required
- Experience with ABAP is preferred
- BI/BW reporting experience preferred
- 2 or more years of experience in production support environment
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with 3rd party applications such as Vertex, SafeGuard, MetaStorm, Hyperion preferred
Demonstrated knowledge of SAP FI and CO configuration.
Strong analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
Strong financial business acumen and understanding of Logistics to establish credibility and trust with all levels of the organization.
Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of a full life cycle implementation.
Ability to translate functional requirements into technical terms relevant to SAP to coordinate and assist with detailed technical design.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
Teamwork / collaboration expertise with significant experience in taking a leadership role in team / project activities.
Proven ability to research and assess potential SAP solutions in support of new business requirements.
Demonstrated ability to remain effective and productive in a fast-paced and changing environment.