Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Our continued success and growth has produced a need for a Business Support Specialist
in our NC office. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following day-to-day general office duties:
- • Perform business support activities, including; payroll, specialized payroll reporting, accounts payable, fleet, and EH&S support.
• Assists Area Business Support Manager in developing, implementing and executing the business support standardized processes that align with company policies and government compliance.
• Coordinate meetings and conference calls as needed or anticipated.
• Create and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails using Microsoft Office
• Track payroll/time entry for employees; code hourly employees; CCIP & OCIP reporting
• Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
• Perform data entry and scan documents
• Record minutes at various meetings and archives them accordingly.
• Help prepare weekly reports and other departmental projects as needed
• Prepare meeting materials and assists with the development of PowerPoint presentations.
• Responsible for keeping inventory of all office supplies and placing orders for replenishment if needed.
• Maintain Outlook calendar(s) in current and accurate status.
• Generate weekly/monthly activity compliance reports and distribute to teams/managers/district offices
• Point of contact for district location responsible for employee file maintenance, E-Verify completion, and other small local tasks.
• Processing of general office licensing requirements.
• Perform day-to-day office support tasks, including; file management, answering the phone, ordering supplies/uniforms, processing incoming/outgoing mail, etc.
• Perform other duties as directed.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills required.
• Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
• Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times.
• Excellent communication skills - written and verbal with our customers and internal departments
• Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills
• Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy
• Good research skills and attention to detail
• Strong sense of urgency and problem solving skills
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• 2 yr. business degree preferred.
• 2 years' experience in a customer service environment
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint are a must.
• Need a strong desire to challenge processes and find best solutions.
• Must be a great and positive motivator.
• External and internal Customer satisfaction is a must.
• Ability to interface with all levels of management.
• Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to prioritize work volumes with limited supervision
- High School Diploma or equivalent,
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Experience in extreme multi-tasking and prioritization a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and organized
- Working knowledge of computers, including Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience with SimplexGrinnell a plus
- Knowledge of ACE and/or Oracle systems a plus.
For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.