Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Our continued success and growth has produced a need for a Business Support Specialist
in our NC office. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following day-to-day general office duties:
- Manage the schedule of multiple inspection teams to include coordination with customers, AHJs, supervisors and other service department team members.
- Ensure that follow up calls are placed to customers with unscheduled inspections and send letters if no response.
- Close completed inspection service requests on a daily basis and follow up on any past due open inspection service requests.
- Take ownership of the inspections contained within the assigned accounts to ensure all work is completed on time.
- Ensure inspection calls are created and closed for assigned special accounts through coordination with inspection teams.
- Review reports on a daily basis and set up applicable service requests in online system to ensure team members are paid appropriate wages for work done against applicable government contracts.
- Answer incoming calls
- Provide back-up in other areas in the service department during employee absences.
- Promote good working relations and morale among the team.
- Perform other duties as directed and deemed necessary
- High School Diploma or equivalent,
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Experience in extreme multi-tasking and prioritization a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and organized
- Working knowledge of computers, including Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience with SimplexGrinnell a plus
- Knowledge of ACE and/or Oracle systems a plus.
For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.