Business Support Specialist
What you will do
The Business Support Specialist provides administrative services and assists management with arranging travel, scheduling appointments, recording meeting minutes, and other general office administration. How you will do it
As a Business Support Specialist you will assist the Area Business Support Manager in developing, implementing and executing the business support standardized processes that align with company policies and government compliance. You will coordinate meetings and conference calls as needed or anticipated. You will create and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails using Microsoft Office. In this position you will also be responsible for the following:
What we look for
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Perform data entry and scan documents.
- Record minutes at various meetings and archives them accordingly.
- Help prepare weekly reports and other departmental projects as needed.
- Prepare meeting materials and assists with the development of PowerPoint presentations.
- Responsible for keeping inventory of all office supplies and placing orders for replenishment if needed.
- Maintain Outlook calendar(s) in current and accurate status.
- Generate weekly/monthly activity compliance reports and distribute to teams/managers/district offices.
- Point of contact for district location responsible for employee file maintenance, E-Verify completion, and other small local tasks.
- Processing of general office licensing requirements.
- Perform day-to-day office support tasks, including; file management, answering the phone, ordering supplies/uniforms, processing incoming/outgoing mail, etc.
- Process payroll every Friday.
- Set up Prevailing Wage Rates.
- Provide Certified Payroll Report to Customers.
- Account payables/set up new vendors.
- Fleet Coordinator/mobile phone contact.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Who we are
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and organized.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint are a must.
- Previous experience in accounts payable a plus.
- 2 year degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 Years suggested minimum experience.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.