Top 3 Skills:
1.) 3-5 years of true Business Analyst experience within a web environment. Must be able to work through development life cycle, mapping out processes, and gathering requirements.
2.) Experience owning projects. 60% of time they may not have a PM assigned and will be responsible to follow up and carry out tasks.
3.) Bi-Lingual is a must (English/Spanish or English/Portuguese).
* Previous Insurance experience highly desired.
* Interpret high-level business, compliance and financial needs/requests for complex projects, with little or no background information or foundation.
* A self starter that has the ability to lead requirements gathering sessions with the customer.
* Experience in development of Requirements for Web based Applications, Web Services based functionality and as well as file interfaces.
* Identify opportunities to improve or gain efficiencies within our system applications, resolve complex, non-routine problems and issues where no precedent has been established or exists. Identify trends/patterns; facilitate and/or conduct root cause analysis; recommend solution alternatives.
* Ability to identify priority issues and determine which issues can be handled within the authority of an Analyst and being able to discern those issues requiring direction from a higher authority.
* Analyze complex processes, interfaces and sub-system problems for modification.
* Participate in new process def¬inition efforts, as requested.
* Document existing and new business processes and workflows with a high level of complexity.
* Data Mapping of complex tables, files and records resulting from the corporate initiatives that involve system integrations, business acquisitions, and assumptions.
* Write business requirements for complex projects, including the definition, scope, objectives, and defining the approach.
* Ensure IT understanding of requested modifications of complex projects, and the accuracy of their technical specification documents.
* Define and document detailed, functional business requirements, including system scope and objectives for complex projects.
* Work closely with the Testing team to determine testing requirements for complex projects involving cross-functional areas and sub-systems.
* Assist as needed in Designing and drafting test plans as well participate in testing for complex, large-scale projects.
* Demonstrate detailed knowledge of project management principles established and approved by our Company.
* Handle multiple projects, concurrently.
* Develop plans for project tasks, including scheduling and coordinating activities of other team members to produce deliverables.
* Monitors progress of implementation schedules and redirects efforts when project goals are not being met.
* On smaller projects the Business Analyst may serve also as the project manager.
* Requires ability to adapt to a variety of project team roles, such as analyst, tester, documentation writer, or trainer.
* Coordinate production implementation efforts with User community and IT.
* Communicate implementation timelines and tasks.
* Develop the User Documentation and Training material.
* Provide client support as required.
* Create atmosphere conducive to success.
* Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
* 3 - 5 plus years business analysis experience.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively meet and drive the requirements gathering with our customers as well as perform analytical and system support duties.
* Ability to process complex time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions and communicate actions.
* Excellent organizational and planning skills.
* Ability to prioritize and work independently or as part of a project team to complete multiple tasks, concurrently.
* Ability to manage multiple projects, concurrently.
* Certification in one of the following: Green or Black Belt, Business Analyst, and Project Management is a plus.
* Data Modeling skills.
* Requires knowledge of a variety of applications including Microsoft .Net including Web Services, SQL Server and Microsoft's suite including Project and Visio.
* Hands on knowledge of SQL Query and Reporting tools.
* Bi-Lingual is a must (English/Spanish or English/Portuguese).
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.