We are Farmers!
The Claims Business Intelligence Team at Farmers Insurance has an opportunity for an experienced Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing (BI/DW) Business Analyst. As a member of the team you will support the re-design of our data warehouse and BI content, as Farmers implements Guidewire ClaimCenter and PolicyCenter. Spread your wings in a new domain, consider joining a team of diverse professionals in the Chief Data Officer Organization at Farmers. Job Summary
Serve as a liaison between the Business and IT to develop functional specifications and prototypes in the rapidly evolving domain of BI; Solutions include data warehousing, dashboards, scorecards and vendor data exchange; Possess knowledge of the business units objectives, processes, and products; Oversee business requirement gathering and analysis; Shepherd the proposed solution through internal governance; Support development of application conceptual design, testing, implementation and customer support activities. Essential Job Functions
Seek to understand the new business functionality being requested; Analyze and model its impact on the current state process and systems; Develop necessary domain expertise of business processes and systems; Explore range of solution options with business to provide the expected capability; Perform impact analysis of changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system; Create the business requirements document; Coordinate requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with business stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs; Support application subject matter expert in creating the conceptual design; Development of a high level plan, drive day-to-day prioritization of work on capabilities; Serve as primary contact with the business; Performs quality review checks on project deliverables; Experience
- 4+ years of experience in a BI/DW Business Analyst
- Experienced in facilitating in-person and remote meetings/working sessions with business & IT resources.
- Experienced in effective management of multiple competing and frequently changing assignments and priorities.
- Knowledgeable with BI/DW concepts and terminology.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing basics and concepts.
- Exposure to Data modeling – dimensional and relational modeling.
- Strong analytical skills (able to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data, investigate defects, validate data quality, etc.).
- Knowledge of Oracle database technologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills (scope, requirements, high-level design).
- Experience working with offshore team.
- Effective time and priority management.
- Quick learner, self-starter, organized, and detail oriented.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to explain complex concepts/issues in simple terms.
- Ability to identify and appropriately escalate issues/risk to management for direction.
- Proficiency with MS-Office applications: Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint.
- Experience in P/C Insurance Industry.
- Working knowledge of BABOK framework, CBAP certification a plus.
- Experience in SharePoint.
- Experience with BI visualization in P/C insurance claims context
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE); no coding required.
- ETL Tool experience (Informatica) - able to read/follow ETL code; no coding required [maybe required for reverse engineering].
- Business analyst experience with Waterfall or Agile Project Methodology.
- 2 years of experience with Guidewire technologies
- Other certifications such as PMP, BPM, Six Sigma, Lean, a plus.
Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience. Experience Requirements: Level II:
1 year as a Business Analyst Level I or 5 years of experience in related areas. Special Skill Requirement
Excellent written and oral communication skills in local language.
English: Level I: 2 Level II: 3 Level III: 3 Level IV: 4 Level-1: Able to give information in English and passively participate in team meetings. Understands routine business conversations and letters and is able to communicate with few errors. Level-2: Able to take part in meetings and discussions and give information about own area of expertise, able to compose memos, simple letters and short texts. Level-3: Able to actively take part in meetings and conferences and communicate effectively. Capable of composing reports and technical explanations. Level-4: Able to participate in and facilitate discussions with complex content. Composes reports with almost no grammatical errors and can communicate proficiently.
(Internal title - Project Manager II) Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
A little about us: