Monsanto Vegetable Research & Development seeks a highly-motivated Business Systems Analyst
to help us develop healthy, tasty, productive, and appealing vegetables you can find in local grocery stores around the world. We are conducting research that is revolutionizing vegetable breeding. You will help build capabilities and tools that drive efficiencies in our finance department, create cognitive development assessments, distill breeder-to-grower pipeline health and integrity assessments, and build on industry leading trait genetics.
The position is based in Woodland, California. In this position, the Business Systems Analyst will work closely with researchers, breeders and members of our finance department to create innovative analytical tools for the R&D organization. The candidate will be responsible for developing databases and graphical interfaces for sample and trait tracking in our global breeding programs, developing tools and infrastructure to monitor spend and help R&D organization forecast and manage budgets. This position will also work closely with enterprise and divisional IT groups to leverage and extend world class cloud-based services, state of the art development capabilities, and unprecedented volumes of crop data from R&D partners
The Business Systems Analyst will gain experience spanning the entire R&D cycle from Discovery to Commercial launch and will gain development and subject-matter knowledge by interacting with highly technical end users. He/she will work with Finance and R&D colleagues to deploy finalized solutions to end-users. Why work with us?
In over 60 countries, we have created industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is recognized as a Science Magazine Top Ten Employer, one of the Top 25 Best Multinational Workplaces, and Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT. Major Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain existing financial databases to ensure current capabilities with the intent to expand, update and move these applications to the cloud
- Develop and maintain critical tools for budget building, allocating resources and structuring our Intellectual property
- Develop applications and reports that lay a digital foundation that transforms decision-making in Vegetable R&D
- Collaborate with a wide variety of professionals across Monsanto to design and implement applications and systems and reporting requests that are critical to delivering the vegetable breeding pipeline
- Solve data analysis challenges, create visualizations, enable higher levels of analysis and automation
- Act as a conduit between Veg R&D researchers and Monsanto enterprise IT solutions used by Vegetable R&D community
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field with evidence of software and database development experience
- Strong in VBA, and Access database maintenance and development
- Experience with different databases, including working knowledge of ORACLE, SQL, relational data stores, and NoSQL databases
- Experience creating interactive visualizations and reports for consumption by extended management teams
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Ability to engage R&D collaborators to develop expertise and domain specific knowledge essential to our continued success in the future
- Knowledge of APIs and ability to consume and design RESTful services and integrate with other data providers
- Self-directed individual with the ability to manage projects through all stages: requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills to collaborate effectively with international, interdisciplinary teams
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.