Our client in downtown Portland is looking for a Business Systems Analyst.
This position participates in the daily support, maintenance, and enhancement of existing systems, as well as the development, configuration and delivery of new systems to directly support Regence Core Strategies and Key Initiatives. Specific duties include developing general and detailed functional requirements, creating and performing system tests, facilitating system configuration decisions, performing data conversion activities, and reporting progress in various formats for project management purposes. This position facilitates communication between technical and business staff by providing functional requirements and/or working with software developers to find the best solutions to meet the business requirements of various projects within deadlines.
This position requires strong interpersonal skills, self-motivation, good communication, a customer service orientation, tolerance for ambiguity, and demonstrated analytical skills. This position works both in a team environment and independently, under the direction and coaching of senior team members to meet the needs of the business customer.
Minimum Job Qualifications and Technical Competencies
* A college degree is desired in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration or related fields. College degree may be substituted by sufficient years of experience in the health care industry. A minimum of five years of experience in defining and analyzing business requirements, process modeling, functional systems design or configuration and/or acceptance testing is required.
* Experience with a business area that is supported by this position (i.e. claims processing, membership processing, provider relations, etc.) is required.
Understands and participates in the configuration of the SaaS platform.
Manage tasks on smaller work efforts in support of the software development methodology.
Actively acquire in depth knowledge of Health Insurance terminology and concepts.
Provides estimates for small tasks increasing accuracy of the estimate as work effort progresses.
Business Analysis Competencies
Read and create simple structured specifications such as use cases, story cards.
Read and understand simple design and business models.
Writes basic SQL queries, reads simple data models.
Familiarity with metadata and relative importance.
Able to use the optimal
• Requirements elicitation techniques (existing documentation study, system analysis, surveys, observation, exploratory prototypes, interview, questionnaire, focus group, facilitated workshop)
• Requirements analysis models (relationship map, process map, context diagram, event-response table, business policies, actor table, use cases, use case map, use case packages, dialog map, data model, state diagram, business rules, scenarios)
• Requirements specification methodology (user requirements document OR user story, software requirements specification document OR acceptance criteria, vertical and horizontal traceability)
to develop, baseline, communicate and manage, correct, complete, clear, feasible, and verifiable requirements for small work efforts.
If you are interested in the Business Systems Analyst position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.