Business Systems Analyst – Arlington, Va
Our client, a financial institution in Arlington, Va, is looking to bring on an experience Business Systems Analyst to join their team. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of business and systems analysis experience, such as functional analysis, requirements gathering, test case/scenario planning, etc. Experience in financial services environments is STRONGLY preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the definition and delivery of business process requirements for all business, financial and operational systems critical to the core functions of the Association. This position will assist in the delivery of insurance solutions through process innovation and continuous improvement initiatives by assessing and analyzing the current processes with the ultimate goal of creating more efficient internal practices, to best serve our members
• Works closely with business users, technical resources, and developers to provide production support by analyzing system issues or defects, coordinating data fixes, and recommending, implementing, and coordinating solutions
• Assists in overall definition of requirements to meet functional business needs for the company; documents existing business processes in order to define current business activities for the development of procedures and models
• Coordinates and leads business process analysis meetings in all departments of of the company.
• Uses data flow charts to document, define, and analyze current business practices; recommend and implement modifications as needed
• Evaluates business functions, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering equipment/systems capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results; such improvements may include hardware, software, or non-technical modifications to achieve maximum effectiveness and efficiency within the company.
• Creates and implements business process standards and procedures; evaluates industry wide standards. Develops methods and tools to track and measure results; performs research activities on industry trends, business products; analyze trends and is responsible for tactical and strategic recommendations
• Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements and application for Standard Operating Procedures, and translation into proper system requirement specifications
• Executes requirements management, including planning, collection, analysis, validation, communication and documentation
• Manages standardized testing strategies, case/scenario development, and implementation; articulates ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; communicates project objectives, scope and direction to team; educates IT employees on business vision and plan
• Analyze data to assess quality and anticipate challenges utilizing data to fulfill business requirements
• Works closely with the IT technical resources to integrate, implement, and support new and/or existing business systems and applications
• Develop, evaluate and execute SQL scripts
• Evaluate existing and new Web Services and XML testing using SOAP UI or comparable tool
• Responsible for problem solving situations that may fall outside of the traditional support provided
• Other duties as assigned
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.