Job Title: Business Systems Analyst
Airgas is one of the nation's leading single-source suppliers of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. JOB SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for development, maintenance, and upkeep of computer systems and business process solutions in support of Airgas National Carbonation. The ability to analyze, design, test and implement systems, which enable the business to achieve its goals and objectives, is critical to the success of this role. This position requires an individual with a deep understanding of data relationships in an ageing system, SAP data relationships, as well as key integration processes of a system conversion. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Experience and a deep understanding of Progress is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with SAP is required
- Support the existing system design, custom system enhancements and integration points in Progress
- Provide additional support to key Management groups as required
- Experience with SOX compliance is preferred
- Documenting requirements for new functionality as required in support of the needs of the Progress system which may include application configuration, custom enhancements and custom reports
- Develop procedures and processes that are focused on improving data quality
- Develop functional design specifications in support of existing and new application requirements
- Evaluate new technology projects to validate the business impact of the project
- Develop and execute functional unit test cases in support of new application requirements
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to perform test activities (e.g. string, integration, performance, user acceptance)
- Responsible for identifying system failures and provide recommended solutions
- Responsible for leading the ANC integration team for the SAP conversion project
- Interact with users from various functional areas (operations, administration, contract processing, sales, finance and management)
- Other duties as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in management information systems, computer science, and/or business, or equivalent work experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience in an Information Technology systems analysis function, working with end-users to translate business requirements into system specifications
- 2 - 3 years of system configuration experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; ability to develop ideas, lead discussions, and present solutions to various levels of management both within ANC and Airgas
- Experience with complex implementations that include custom solutions associated with SAP and Progress
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of a system implementation
- Good knowledge of Progress and SAP structures, configuration standards, object dependencies and tables
- Proven ability to research and assess potential Progress solutions in support of new business requirements
- Ability to translate functional requirements into technical terms relevant to Progress to coordinate and assist with detailed technical design
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and provide effective problem solving, assessing whether standard functionality can be used and identifying reasonable custom solutions
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and software
- Ability to work with teams and independently
- Excellent organization, time management, and project estimating skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, both as an individual contributor and as a team member
- Willingness and ability to travel as required (minimal travel required)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spends 70% of the time sitting, and 30% of the time either standing or walking while in the office.
- Occasionally stoops, kneels, crouches, climbs, balances, crawls, and reaches.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery.
- Must be able to work in a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office setting.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.