Job Location: Cary, NC
This position will be responsible for requirements gathering, analysis, documentation, testing and project planning in the Actuarial Risk and Treasury (ART) domain. The successful candidate will be part of the application development team, with specific focus on developing Actuarial and Risk IT Solutions. In this role you will be responsible for working with stakeholders to analyze business needs, participate in designing optimal solutions, and author requirements documentation. In addition, you will perform data analysis, document and execute functional test cases.
- Translate high-level business requirements on multiple, complex applications into detailed functional specifications i.e. User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
- Perform feasibility analysis, scope projects, prioritize deliverables, recommend alternative solutions and project strategies, and engage in negotiations.
- Maintain product roadmap; collaborate with stakeholders to drive product vision, strategy, design, innovation and overall product direction.
- Prioritize and maintain the sprint backlog and perform just-in-time story elaboration with the development team. Actively participate in sprint planning.
- Actively participate in formulating a detailed and comprehensive release plan.
- Review/demonstrate sprint related or general functionality with stakeholders and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required
- 5+ years of experience as Product Owner or Business Systems Analyst
- Self-starter with proven ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects with minimal supervision; can manage a complex ever changing priority list and resolve conflicts to competing priorities
- Strong understanding of the Financial Services industry relating to Insurance and Investments domains.
- Relevant work experience with business requirements definition and management (end to end), structured analysis, process design, use case documentation, UML process and use case definition
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written; capable of collaborating effectively across a variety of IT and Business groups, across regions, roles and able to interact effectively with all levels
- 2+ years of experience with Agile software development specifically with SCRUM and prior experience with Backlog Grooming, sprint planning, end user demo and retrospectives.
- Preferred: Experience with financial vendor software such as Moody’s, Bloomberg, MSCI, Blackrock, Charles River, Kamakura etc.; CSM or CSPO nice to have.
Enterprise Application Development
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 39742
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.