Under the general direction of the Sr. Manager, HCS Business Systems and Intelligence, the Business Systems Analyst will lead the gathering and provide the documentation of technical requirements for business processes, analyze/document system processes and functionality, and maintain an understanding of system and file interactions. The business systems analyst will work with business area subject matter experts and system vendors to communicate business requirements, and assess system upgrade functionality. Assignments include requirements gathering for system configuration enhancements, new business ventures, and other divisional requirements needs. The business systems analyst designs test scenarios and oversees quality assurance testing on configuration changes. The business systems analyst also provides analytical expertise to resolve production support issues on system functionality.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS* (in order of importance)
Requirements for System Configuration
* Responsible for evaluating, defining, and documenting specifications for configuration change requests
* Meets with business user groups to elicit enhancement requirements. May use a variety of requirement gathering methods including brainstorming, interviews, use cases, and questionnaires.
* Evaluates the feasibility of enhancement requests, gauging current and planned system product functionality as well as interactions with other systems. Makes recommendation to leadership and Change Control Board for fiscal appropriation for requested changes.
* Documents requirements using tools most appropriate to convey the detailed application requirements, including written text, diagrams and tables.
* Conveys requirements to internal and external configuration specialists and developers. Refines business requirements through iterative reviews with configuration specialists, developers, and user groups.
* Provides quantitative analysis of impact of changes to system, work flow, and reporting.
* Creates and maintains traceability matrix for requirements.
Quality Assurance and Testing
* Designs test plans in accordance with business requirements traceability matrix. Oversees quality assurance testing for THP configuration and vendor releases.
* Collaborates with business departments to ensure department test scenarios are adequate.
* Evaluates the impact of system upgrade features and functionality for Clinical systems and content. Facilitate review sessions with vendor and user groups. Present implementation options and fiscal recommendations to leadership.
* Works with vendors to convey THP's interest and requirements for system development road map.
* Provides support to Systems Administration team in the analysis of user trouble tickets. Recommends troubleshooting options and assists with analysis documentation when needed.
* Provides knowledge transfer to Configuration Specialists and Systems Administrators regarding system functionality and user workflows.
* Coaches team members on system functionality and system usage.