Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 35 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
A Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is responsible for analyzing the business needs of our customers and proposes solutions to improve business results and operational effectiveness. A BSA will document complex business problems, elicit requirements, capture them, and create testing strategies. A BSA will also provide technical assistance to the IT staff to troubleshoot technical problems and help resolve them.
• Analyze and document complex business problems utilizing Oracle modules like, but not limited to, OA, AR, AP, Inventory, Manufacturing, and BOM.
• Seek to align technology, specifically software applications, to meet overall business strategies.
• Translate customer requests into software requirement specifications using standard templates, use cases, and natural language.
• Assist in the creation of user guides, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), quick start guides, and training materials as appropriate.
• Actively provide implementation training, on-going application support, and maintain related documentation.
• Develop, implement, and participate in business testing strategies.
• Evaluate vendor products and services and make recommendations.
• Coordinate upgrades and rollouts for larger more complex projects.
• Ensure all software systems are operating as expected and support all end users of the systems in performing specified procedures.
• Provide technical assistance to IT staff in the detection and resolution of system problems.
• Communicate and report issues, status, and results to management.
• Provide status reporting, project updates, and problem tracking to internal customers.
• Work independently and under direction of project managers with users to define concepts.
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Other duties as required to support and meet the needs of Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
• Expertise in Microsoft applications preferred, including Microsoft Windows, Project, Excel, and Word.
• Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written/oral communication skills.
• Learning agility and curiosity to proactively learn new technologies and apply these capabilities to solve different business problems.
• Ability to multitask on multiple projects and work with different teams.
• Ability to be nimble, efficient, quick, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas, and develop effective responses or elevate issues to higher management.
• Ability to lead initiatives and project teams.
• Ability to work with users on a daily basis to ensure project requests are accurate and timely.
• Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
• Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
• Works on problems of diverse to complex scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• 5+ years of direct work experience.
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Systems Analysis, Business, or related field.
• Domestic and International travel is required.
Location/Division: 3303 Monte Villa Pkwy, Bothell, WA 98021, USA Job Requisition: 1602145
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.