Business Systems Analyst III (SAP FICO Functional ) (Job Number: 020034)
Corporate Office - 1415 LAKE COOK RD
1415 LAKE COOK RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for conducting very complex and thorough research of existing processes, systems, systems logic, hardware deployment and desired objectives to develop detailed systems specifications to meet the needs of the assigned client group and their projects under development. This position examines existing manual and automated processes, documentation and training requirements, and the capacities and limitations of existing, or proposed hardware in order to develop comprehensive specifications in a formal and structured way.
Implements activities that generally impact important components / processes of the work of own unit / team / projects. Typically assigned to important / complicated undertakings. Receives work in the form of short- and mid-term assignments that regularly require the application of independent judgment.
SAP FI/CO Functional/Technical Lead for the WBA Retail and Finance Global Transformation initiative. The program involves extensive Finance and Accounting scope and the latest SAP products/technology (e.g. S/4 HANA). This individual will partner with the Finance & Accounting Business Team with primary responsibility for the end-to-end Finance and Accounting solution including process design, configuration, functional design, legacy integration, testing, and support for the Change Management workstream. Job Responsibilities
- Gathers and analyzes internal business requirements by means of interviews, workflow analyses and facilitated discussions with users.
- Translates users' business requirements into detailed functional designs for development, testing and implementation.
- Applies methodologies such as Unified Modeling Language ("UML") and Rational Unified Process ("RUP") and prepares detailed specifications using case statements and related documentation.
- Identifies and communicates risks and issues impacting business rules, functional requirements and specifications.
- Participates in and contributes to managing the scope of applications and related changes.
- Assists quality assurance with functional test case reviews.
- Collaborates with stakeholders on the evaluation of the feasibility, effort and costs to implement requirements.
- Creates training materials and may assist with user orientation and training.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization. Serves as a liaison between engineering, quality assurance and non-technical stakeholders throughout the development and deployment process.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to less experienced team members. May participate in teaching and training members of work team.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 8 years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst.
- At least 3 years of experience with technical design process and models.
- At least 3 years of experience with requirements specification and development, such as process/functional requirements definition methods, JAD/RAD sessions, use case development, process flow diagrams.
- At least 2 years of experience with of SDLC / SW development processes, such as Unified Modeling Language ("UML") and / or Rational Unified Process ("RUP"), Agile, Waterfall)..
- Experience using consulting skills and developing client relationships.
- Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and to draw conclusions.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics. • Master's Degree or MBA is preferred. • Experience interacting at the executive level. • Experience developing and delivering on strategies and objectives. • Experience interacting at the executive level. • 8+ Years of SAP FI/CO functional-technical implementation experience, including Planning, Requirements, Design, Build, Test, Conversion, Deployment and Roll-out phases. • AP FI/CO Lead Role for two or more full life-cycle implementations. • Experience with SAP Finance organization and hierarchy requirements definition and design. • Deep understanding of, and experience with the Finance & Accounting business processes (Record-to-Report (RTR), Acquire-to-Retire (ATR), and Procure-to-Pay (PTP)) and associated SAP modules (GL, AP, AR, PA, AA, etc.). • Experience with Financial Reporting and Analytics in an SAP environment - defining knowledge of SAP BI and common SAP native and third-party reporting tools such as COGNOS. Employment type
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.