Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job DescriptionAbout the Role
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA), in the IT Service Management team, supports our ServiceNow Product Management team, with a focus on business-facing and enterprise solutions. The BSA solves organizational needs through analyzing requirements and designing solutions. This role will also support the Quality Assurance team by writing, reviewing and executing test scripts and recording and managing defects.Essential Duties
- Design solutions by analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, and documenting functional specifications for the ServiceNow platform.
- Improve ServiceNow solutions by studying current practices and recommending modifications.
- Document product backlog items, stories/acceptance criteria, process flow diagrams, and business cases.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business partners.
- Create and present functional designs to business partners and gather feedback to influence the solution design and approach.
- Prioritize product backlog items and stories based on input from business partners and IT Agile practices.
- Provide support for business partners through documentation, run support, and training.
- Manage sprint demos, including coordination and user acceptance.
- Analyze functional and technical requirements in order to transform them into test plans and test cases.
- Create, review, and execute test cases efficiently and document/manage defects to closure.
- Work with the IT Service Management team ensure specific areas of the system are tested and released on time, and meet or exceed the quality expectations of business partners
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise in Legal, HR, Supplier, and/or M&A to drive business solution improvement.
- Passionate about IT Service Management and how it can be used to optimize service delivery.
- 3+ years working as a Business Systems Analyst or Product Owner on the ServiceNow platform - including creation of requirements, performing gap analysis, process reengineering, and preparing user/training documentation.
- 1+ years of QA experience - including writing and reviewing test scripts, manual test execution, defect management.
- 1+ years of working with Agile Scrum and Kanban practices.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of an organization.
- Highly analytical in using data and metrics to uncover insights and drive business performance.
- ITIL Foundation Certification (version 2011) is preferred.
- A BS / BA, MS / MA degree or equivalent work experience
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.