Job DescriptionRole Purpose
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
- Provides expertise and systems support in developing and enhancing business systems or effective planning, reporting, and analysis tools to internal functions.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining one or more of the IMS databases.
- Viewed as a subject matter expert for the database.
- Principal Accountabilities:
- Maintains and enhances the quality on highly complex databases by identifying and implementing quality control measures and procedures.
- Analyzes and certifies prescription and sales transaction data for new implementations.
- Under general direction, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and requirements.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems, provides project support & coordination, as well as day-to-day maintenance.
- Implements new automation opportunities to create process efficiencies.
- Manipulates database query software and mainframe applications. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Business Administration, or equivalent experience, and a minimum of five (5) years data analysis experience. Proficiency in Windows applications (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, etc.) as well as SQL. Additional Requirements:
Demonstrated ability to understand client requirements as well as underlying infrastructure applications, systems and processes to enable execution of those skills.