Business Systems Analyst, SAP Supply Chain Management JOB SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for development and maintenance of computer systems and business process solutions in support of Airgas Supply Chain Management business utilizing SAP functionality and various related solutions. The ability to analyze, design, test and implement systems, which enable the business community to achieve their goals and objectives, is critical to the success of this role. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Development and maintenance of Supply Chain Management functionality including:
- Forecasting and MRP
- Repetitive Manufacturing
- Discrete Manufacturing
- Capacity Planning
- Warehouse Management
- Integration with the other Supply Chain modules such as Materials Management,
- Project Systems as well as Order Management and Finance modules
- Systems analysis and design
- Identifying gaps and working with technical team in developing functional specs
- Testing and evaluation of new Supply Chain Management computer system functionality
- Production support of existing Supply Chain Management computer system functionality
- Business process analysis, documentation, and presentation.
- Interaction with users from various functional areas of Supply Chain Management,Order Management and Finance
- Translating end-user requirements into detailed specifications.
- Interaction with technical resources to define technical requirements.
- Re-engineering of business processes if necessary.
- Development of complete functional requirements specification, including business impact and ROI.
- Coordinate and assist in development and execution of system conversions.
- Develop procedures, processes and guidelines that are efficient and focused on the quality of the process or end-state deliverable
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in management information systems, computer science, and/or business, or equivalent work experience
- 6 - 8 years experience in an Information Technology systems analysis function, working with end-users to translate business requirements into systems specifications
- Two to Three full life cycle SAP Implementations a must
- A technical understanding of SAP ABAP
- Knowledge of SAP ECC SCM modules as well as integration with Order Management and Finance
- Experience working with MES systems is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; ability to lead discussions, present ideas to audiences of all sizes, and interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability and flexibility to quickly learn new applications and software
- Ability to work with teams or independently
- Experienced in leading / project managing specific pieces of work, people and/or deliverables
- Experience in Business specifically in processes around wholesale distribution and retail a plus
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- Solid organization, time management, and project estimating skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, both as an individual contributor and as a team member.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spends 70% of the time sitting, and 30% of the time either standing or walking while in the office.
- Occasionally stoops, kneels, crouches, climbs, balances, crawls, and reaches.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- Visual capacity enabling frequent use of computer equipment.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of automated office machinery.
- Must be able to work in a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office or home office setting
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.