The Treasurer’s Global Funding Technology department of PGIM Investment Systems provides technology support for the Prudential Global Funding (PGF) business unit. This vacancy is for a Junior Business Systems Analyst/Tester to support the FusionCapital Summit derivatives trading system. Summit is used to capture, track, and value PGF’s derivatives trading activity.
Summit is a vendor client/server application that runs on Unix and Windows platforms with an Oracle database. We provide overall production support as well as analysis, testing, and programming for many in-house developed functions that provide reporting, analysis, trade confirmation, reconciliation, and pricing functionality not offered by Summit natively. In-house developed infrastructure has been developed in Perl and C .
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Facilitate or perform the testing of system modifications in collaboration with business and technology partners. Includes all types of testing (unit, regression, integration, etc)
- Provide ongoing production support for the system, including troubleshooting technology issues and monitoring batch processing cycles.
- Document and report issues to application vendor where applicable
- Under guidance of supervisor,
- Partner with business unit management to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes for diverse development platforms.
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions to technology challenges, including designing, developing and implementing the most cost-effective solutions.
- Prepare systems analysis documentation/specifications and participates in the testing of system modifications. Collaborate with programming team to develop and implement new or modified functionality.
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree required. Focus in information systems management, finance, or accounting preferred. MBA, CFA, or masters in information systems management, finance, accounting, or related business field a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with different functional areas including trading, back office operations, development, accounting, financial reporting, and risk management across varying levels of management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Attention to detail is essential.
- Strong general technical skills. Understanding of procedural programming (scripted and compiled) techniques, UNIX and Windows operating systems, and relational database concepts a plus.
- 1-2 years of experience in a business analysis and quality assurance testing role or having performed comparable functions in other roles in an investment or capital markets environment. Direct experience with interest rate, foreign exchange, credit, and/or equity derivatives is preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience with software testing. Experience with automated testing tools and techniques a plus.
- 1-2 years of experience with compiling business requirements, drafting functional specifications, and the development and execution of test plans. Practical experience working within a structured SDLC methodology (Waterfall, Agile, RAD, Lean, Scrum, etc) a plus.
- Experience with Finastra's FusionCapital Summit application or an equivalent derivatives and/or capital markets vendor application (Calypso, Murex, Sophis, etc) a plus
- Basic to intermediate skills in SQL. 1-2 years practical experience with Oracle a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in in Microsoft Excel including the use of VBA, Pivot Tables, and Data Connections.
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.