BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST TEAM MANAGER (Internal title: USFG005 -Program Manager III or USFG004 -Program Manager II) We Are Farmers!
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic Business Systems Analyst Team Manager to lead a team of business systems analyst professionals supporting multiple insurance business units (personal lines, distribution, service operations, claims) and various software development life cycle methodologies (Agile, RUP, Waterfall). Position Description
Manages a group of staff (business analysts), including resource management, talent management, release activity management, and project task and scope management. Responsible for end to end delivery of assigned projects including project planning, execution, monitoring and reporting. Responsible for facilitating alignment and effective communication between business and IT. Understands the customer’s objectives, business processes and products, as well as system capabilities, and drives solutions that meet the business needs. Position Requirements
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively lead team of business systems analysts of all levels: hiring, planning, directing, training, coaching, developing and evaluating performance;
- Ability to effectively manage resources: staff projects and release activities adequately and appropriately, properly forecast and track actuals, and manage capacity;
- Ability to provide oversight in the development and evolution of quality guidelines to implement best practice standards and techniques for business analysis discipline;
- Ability to translate an idea or vision into a tangible deliverable with limited direction;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments/projects, meet deadlines and produce quality deliverables;
- Ability to understand business goals, define priorities, and provide technical or process solutions to drive value creation in delivering business results;
- Ability to approach work efforts with a holistic view and deliver innovative solutions that address all impacted areas and enterprise objectives;
- Ability to foster and maintain a collaborative relationship with key business and IT partners;
- Capable of adapting quickly to new applications and learning, understanding and applying new approaches.
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Strong experience in requirements elicitation and elaboration;
- Strong experience in analyzing and facilitating redesign of business process around best practices with a focus on end user experience;
- Strong leadership capabilities in fostering teamwork and commitment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships, influence, and negotiate effectively;
- Demonstrates initiative and drives execution;
- Strong focus on quality and continuous improvement;
- Solid experience in insurance industry and strong domain knowledge of insurance products and/or claims processes.
Minimal travel may be required Education Requirements
: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Experience Requirements
Minimum of 5-7 years experience in business analysis or project management.
Minimum 2-3 years managing direct staff.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
A little about us: