Job Location is San Jeronimo, Chihuahua, adjacent to Santa Teresa, New Mexico
Under general direction of the site manager, plans, directs, and manages the activities and personnel engaged in facility operations by implementing strategies to manage departmental operations; assist in developing a operations staff of first line supervisors; implementing strategies to manage the delivery of operations services that exceed customer expectations with minimal shrinkage; developing support operations, supporting equipment and personnel; analyzing customer satisfaction surveys; assist in evaluation of new automated facility operations management systems and enhancement of existing systems; managing operations budgets and contributing to the total team effort.
- Lead, coach, mentor and inspire others to achieve optimum results by demonstrating role model behavior on a consistent basis in all that is said and done.
- Under the direction of the site manager develop and implement strategies to manage departmental operations by initiating reviews of facility internal and external processes, identifying problem areas and developing action plans for improvement; reviewing of assigned operations procedures to ensure maximum ability to meet and exceed customer needs with minimal shrinkage.
- Assist in implementing strategies to manage the timely delivery of all operations services in and under all circumstances; initiate customer and/or vendor meetings to ensure understanding of facility operations priorities and to identify shortfalls that could impact departmental mission; establish review of new customer facility operations standards and identify plan for implementation of new and/or revised policies and/or procedures to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Participate and contribute in the evaluation of new automated facility operations management systems and enhancement of existing systems by identifying deficiencies in existing system; provide supporting documentation for new system; coordinate needs with affected departmental agencies; present requirements to Site Manager; participate on internal team to begin technical review; create team for testing of the new operating system.
- Manage facility operations continuous improvement goals by reviewing direct reports performance as well as monitoring current year performance.
- Contribute to team effort by leading intra-departmental teams in review of processes to improve facility operations functions; proactively seeking customer requirements and comments on quality of service; while ensuring the fair application of company policies; treating employees with respect; being an advocate for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the materials management process.
- Develop facility operations staff of first line supervisors by training, coaching, and evaluating the performance of all the direct reporting supervisors for departmental operations; reviewing supervisor and employee training needs and holding supervisors accountable for understanding and applying company employment policies fairly; supporting diversity in the work-force.
- Assist the Site Manager in defining the personnel requirements and training of department employees.
- Under direction of the site manager coordinate activities with departments such as Information Technology, Support Services, Human Resources, Quality Management and Materials Management to affect operational efficiency and economy.
- Oversee and supervise the Facilities Coordinator, Industrial Engineer, Production and Warehouse Supervisors and System Maintenance Technicians.
- Work with the Site Manager to ensure that incoming work fits the facility capabilities and is processed correctly to issue proper billing.
- Analyze division or department budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made, and allocates operating budget.
- Confer with administrative personnel and reviews activity, operating, and sales reports to determine changes in programs or operations required.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Quality Policy and Objectives are understood and enacted.
- Issue monthly reports in a timely manner summarizing facility operations activity and status.
- Conduct performance appraisals for direct reports in a timely manner.
- Develop, communicate and maintain appropriate career development plans for all direct reports.
- Participate in and satisfactorily completes all training requirements for the assigned position.
- Performs other duties assigned by management representatives within the scope of responsibility and the requirements of the job.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.