Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Position Summary
Bussers are responsible for clearing restaurant tables by removing and sorting dirty plates, glasses, silverware, and condiments. They also clean, reset tables and side stations and restock dinnerware. Bussers assist Dishwashers by prepping the dishes that need washing. In addition, Bussers assist Servers by setting tables and delivering food and beverages to ensure maximum guest satisfaction for all restaurant guests. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform. Your uniform must be clean and non-skid/slip shoes are required.
- Follow proper time clock procedures. Be sure to "swipe in and swipe out" accordingly, including meal breaks.
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures
- Clear and reset restaurant tables.
- Carry service tray in order to deliver food and beverages to the table in a timely manner - assist with refilling water, serving bread and other food and beverages.
- Remove dirty plates, glasses, silverware, condiments and other used meal items from tables once all guests have finished.
- Sort dirty plates, glasses, and silverware at side station - ensure side stations are kept clean and organized.
- Clean and wipe tables and chairs and side stations then reset them.
- Restock clean plates, silverware and glassware.
- Remove trash and sweep and vacuum restaurant floor.
- Ensure a clean and pleasant atmosphere is maintained in the restaurant area at all times.
- Perform any opening and closing side work as required.
- Outstanding customer service is essential - Bussers need to go the extra mile and follow through to maximize guest satisfaction.
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations.
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner.
- Report any safety hazards or unsafe conditions and practices to manager immediately
- Must be flexible and willing to work a varied schedules including weekends, holidays, early mornings and late nights.
- You must not leave the floor during your shift for any reason, except to go to the kitchen, without checking with the manager on duty.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to Food and Beverage Manager.
- Ability to follow all safety and sanitation procedures
- Must be able to work efficiently and be prepared to help wherever needed
- Must have the ability to lift heavy food trays
- Must be able to work all department shifts.
- Previous restaurant and food service experience
- Outgoing personality and friendly manner
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must complete Serve Safe Food Handlers certification and TIPS alcohol training.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.