Responsible for managing the inventory for AmerisourceBergen Distribution Centers for assigned suppliers while maximizing customer service levels and minimizing inventory investment. Recommends and contributes to improve strategies in relation to various contracts, programs and agreements resulting in increased value for AmerisourceBergen.PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Partners with suppliers daily and acts as an advocate for AmerisourceBergen interests relative to suppliers' actions and policies.
- Develops new solutions to various tactical challenges ABC faces as it relates to procuring product, supplier and distribution center relations.
- Responsible for pricing issues and reconciling invoice discrepancies while working in conjunction with suppliers, accounting, accounts payable and the distribution centers.
- Manages key contracts, programs and supplier agreements resulting in increased value for both AmerisourceBergen and its customers.
- Participate in events and meetings with Supplier Representatives
- Partners with large strategic accounts to align product portfolios and resolve inventory issues.
- Ability to resolve issues independently.
- Performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. A degree in Supply Management or Supply Chain logistics preferred. Normally requires two (2) to four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Familiarity with fundamental concepts, practices and processes in Procurement
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of ABC policies, programs & services and products
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and SAP
- Minimal travel may be required.
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.