Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We are seeking an ambitious individual to join our team as a Buyer in our El Paso, TX location.
What do you get to do in this position?
In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring the operational relations with suppliers within the strategy defined through cross-functional team collaboration and with respect of existing contracts. You will take part in the negotiation process regarding price level, and / or quantity, quality, and logistics. You will also track and report key elements/data on supplier performance.
Qualifications: This job might be for you if:
- Ensure the delivery and quality performance of the external supply chain.
- Verify supplier capability to meet Schneider supply chain needs, working with other functions to develop supplier where needed.
- Determine and utilize the most economical sources of supply consistent with quality and customer service standards.
- Work with inventory management team and suppliers to evaluates appropriate methods for reducing/optimizing inventory levels using KanBan, QSPs and VMI, etc. methodologies.
- Generates, tracks and closes orders ensuring appropriate specifications and requirements are clearly outlined and maintained.
- Supplier Forecast validation and capacity alignment
- Propose and support implementation of cost reduction objectives.
- Manage part qualifications for change in part or supply.
- First escalation level for supplier crisis management
- Expedite materials and follow up with transportation and import processes
- Propose and support implementation of procurement efficiency improvements.
- Engage with cross functional teams and reach mutually acceptable results.
- Active participation on negotiating contracts with local suppliers and to secure procurement, payment terms, etc.
- Keeps informed of all new developments in materials, processes, and market trends in order to make recommendations to reduce costs and improve production.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or Operations
- 1 - 2 years' experience in Purchasing/Supply Chain is required
- SAP experience is a plus; not required
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong negotiation skills is a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience performing complex analysis assignments with a strong financial analysis capability (OV, Material Productivity, Inventory, TCO)
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.