Adecco is assisting Specialty Product Technologies in recruiting for an experienced Buyer to secure from outside sources various commodities used in the production of goods. These commodities are obtained through the use of accepted procurement practice with particular attention to timely delivery, quality and relationship to standard cost. The execution of these tasks shall be conducted with the highest level of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
• Strategic sourcing and tactical purchasing execution that supports on-time delivery and superior quality
• Develop/Maintain active savings funnel and achieve annual PPV/MCP goals
• Develop new sources for existing materials supporting on time delivery, inventory reduction and PPV goals
• Support inventory reduction goals with pull systems, consignment programs and lead-time reduction programs
• Assist in developing a strategic supply base in Low Cost Regions
• Ability to utilize reverse auction tools to support business objectives
• Supplier development and project activities including Capital Requisitions, First Article processing, Tooling development and Asset tracking
• Champion the Danaher Material Process (DMP) and train suppliers on pull as required
• Expedite purchase orders in order to maintain material flow to support operations and customer service
• Plans and negotiates long-term contracts with favorable impact on inventory goals, quality, and continuity of supply and corporate cost objectives
• Negotiates and facilitates the return of rejected and obsolete material
• Reconciles accounts payable discrepancies
• Analyzes supplier risk for financial health, single/sole sourced and overall supply interruption risks
• Normally receives little instruction on day to day work and general instructions for new assignments
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or Engineering, or equivalent discipline
• 5+ years of purchasing/sourcing experience
• Lean manufacturing experience including kanban planning, establishing reorder quantities, inventory optimization, and a strong process orientation
• Experience running auction type bidding events
• Results driven and possess excellent organization, communication (written and oral), and presentation skills
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, performing queries in ERP systems (Business Objects), along with data gathering, manipulation, and analysis expertise
• CPIM (APICS) Certification is preferred
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits package in the industry to contract workers. Benefits are available to you as a contractor after one week of employment.
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this Buyer position in Elizabethtown, NC or any related opportunities with Adecco.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.