A Buyer job in Saginaw, MI is available courtesy of Adecco Engineering & Technology. The Buyer and CSR is responsible for processing customer orders and places and authorizes supplier purchase orders within assigned limits. Expedites orders, track deliveries, resolves shipping errors and maintains accurate records following established Company guidelines. Interacts with all Supply Chain disciplines including vendor order placement, customer cost savings initiatives, problem resolution and delivery performance for an unlimited range of products and services.
• Evaluate supplier quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers and prepares order to ensure all required data elements are provided and correct.
• May perform a minimal level of Supplier Sourcing.
• May negotiate materials, equipment and supplies from suppliers.
• Enter supplier purchase orders. Determine if material is to be "Direct Shipped" or processed via a WIS Distribution Center. Ensure that all electronic data interchange, Email, and faxed orders reach the supplier.
• Follow up with suppliers concerning order status and delivery. Resolve Supplier Purchase order questions and issues.
• Resolve Supplier Accounts Payable invoice questions and issues.
• Secure and review Supplier authorization (Return Material Authorizations) and coordinate return of materials and goods.
• Assist the Buyer and CSR Supervisor with evaluating supplier performance related to on-time delivery, fill rates and errors, transfer cost improvements, branch support, and other measures.
• Customer account responsibility for order processing activities and problem resolution.
• Process Customer orders following established Customer Contract guidelines.
• Review daily Customer "Unedited" (unprocessed) order lists. Follow up open requests for quotes, and resolve all issues in order to process order.
• Generate Customer open order (backorder) listings. Update / Expedite status with information secured from Supplier.
• Review all unit of measure problems.
• Maintain accurate purchasing, pricing, and cost data on applicable company systems.
Purchasing MRO/Indirect Materials 3 years experience
Bachelors' Degree Preferred-High School Diploma required
Qualified candidates can apply online or directly to email@example.com.
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.