More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco. POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for forecasting, purchasing, controlling, and coordinating a continuous inventory to meet the Company's financial goals and objectives while achieving OpCo service and inventory goals.
Supports the merchandising functions assortment and demand changes with appropriate forecast management.
This position is located at Sysco Las Vegas6201 East Centennial Parkway, Las Vegas, NV, 89115 RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain local inventory levels while maximizing customer service levels
- Manage and process purchase orders in compliance with corporate guidelines
- Work with logistics team to maximize supply chain efficiencies
- Work with operations to develop programs to maximize efficiencies of receiving and warehousing
- Manage OpCo level SKU count
- Execute purchasing of new items and demand changes timely for customer events, business shifts, and seasonality changes
- Resolve replenishment issues
- Manage returns to suppliers and supplier inventory allowances
- Follow and react to market conditions within established corporate and market guidelines
- Manage Inventory DSO, aged inventory, obsolete inventory, and discontinued items to achieve corporate goals
- Manage forecasting and demand planning
- Manage to reduce spoilage and shrink inventory
- Manage and monitor timely PO costing accuracy, including freight rates
- Execute and support product recalls as required
- Planner 1 Vendor direct 1800 lines RDC 2500 lines
- Purchasing/merchandising experience required
- Experience working within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment required
- Strong Excel skills preferred
Education and / or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of degree sufficient to successfully perform essential job functions required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1+ years experience
- Strong communication skills with sales on any gaps in product service level
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across the enterprise
- Ability to understand and execute the standard replenishment processes and best practices
- Strong tactical replenishment execution skills
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers to execute the inventory depletion process
- Strong attention to details and follow up
- Strong understanding of product forecasting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.