KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Position will work with minimal direction or supervision to accomplish the duties delegated by the Purchasing Manager, including the following.
* Possess knowledge of the healthcare industry and major suppliers
* Understand and conduct all business in accordance with the Tufts Health Plan Code of Conduct and Purchasing Policies & Procedures
* Work with business owners to understand and document purchase requirements
* Accurately communicate verbally and in writing, specifications and other information that suppliers need to provide quotes, RFP responses or other information
* Perform vendor screening, evaluation, and selection to find the best source to meet business objectives
* Provide assistance to requisitioners in utilizing Concur online ordering system
* Prepare appropriate documentation, including Purchase Orders for various goods & services for all lines of business that protects Tufts Health Plan's interest.
* Competitively bid and document purchases in compliance with Purchasing Policies & Procedures
* Monitor and expedite delivery of goods and services to meet business requirements
* Resolve discrepancies, solve problems, and negotiate settlements in Tufts Health Plan's best interest related to
vendor invoices, inventory, other goods and services
* Manage inventory and replenishment for various commodities to meet business requirements
* Manage the online Office Supply and Business Card ordering programs -- this includes providing training to Administrators, answering questions, and problem solving.
* Perform various analysis related to pricing, billing, inventory usage, etc.
* Provide the initial vendor screening and document results for the OIG and SAM denied parties databases
* Perform monthly closing activities and reporting as required
* Represent Purchasing as required on various projects or committees
* Ensure that Purchasing Manager is informed of significant activities or problems
* Prepare and submit reports or other information as requested by management
A little about us:
Founded in 1979, Tufts Health Plan is nationally recognized for its commitment to providing innovative, high-quality health care coverage.