Under general direction of the Department Manager/Buyer, responsible for providing support to the Buyer in order to achieve service level and inventory objectives. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Builds strong relationships with Suppliers, Buyers, NRC Associates, Corporate Associates and Distribution Centers.
- Responsible for transactions such as processing orders, accessing previous orders and special orders.
- Maintains current open purchase orders status by obtaining tracking information and updating item notes to maximize the established buyer service level objective.
- Makes suggestions and recommendations in an effort to continually improve the National Replenishment Center operations.
- Proactively applies basic skills and procedures to help maintain contracts, programs and supplier agreements.
- Collaborates with Suppliers and Buyers to ensure lead time compliance.
- Works in conjunction with Buyer to resolve issues that are more complex in nature.
- Ability to resolve issues independently.
- Able to mentor and train other employees.
- Supports buyers overstock inventory objectives by assisting with product returns and inventory transfer maintenance.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Strong customer service skills
2. Strong interpersonal skills
3. Good decision making skills
4. Good analytical skills
5. Demonstrates leadership qualities and the ability to effectively train others
6. Strong organizational skills with emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
7. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
8. Ability to resolve supplier issues quickly and takes an innovative approach to improve customer satisfaction
9. Familiarity with ABC products, services and pharmaceutical distribution operations
10. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
11. Strong typing and 10-key skills
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.