Under general direction of the Department Manager/Buyer, responsible for providing support to the Buyer in order to achieve service level and inventory objectives. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Responsible for procurement activities related to selected suppliers.
- Utilizes discernment in maintaining accurate forecast and seasonal profiles.
- Responsible for transactions such as processing orders, accessing previous orders and special orders.
- Serves as the primary back up to Buyer
- Under the mentorship of the Buyer performs formulary switches, new product launches, and fee for service agreements.
- Maintains current open purchase orders status by obtaining tracking information and updating item notes to maximize the established buyer service level objective.
- Makes suggestions and recommendations in an effort to continually improve the National Replenishment Center operations.
- Ability to resolve issues independently
- Able to mentor and train other employees.
- Supports Buyers overstock inventory objectives by assisting with product returns and inventory transfer maintenance.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good decision making skills
- Good analytical skills
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and the ability to effectively train others
- Strong organizational skills with emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Familiarity with ABC products, services and pharmaceutical distribution operations
- Strong typing and 10-key skills
- Minimal travel may be required
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.