Monsanto's Procurement organization is seeking a highly motivated Buyer
to work in its St. Louis, MO headquarters. This position's primary responsibility is to work closely with internal customers, suppliers, global procurement, legal, and other key stakeholders to:
- Procure the required goods and services needed to support our Direct Materials Categories
- Support other buyers, North America Operations Lead, and Category Managers with various initiatives
- Support Global Procurement initiatives and provide feedback
- Ensure the most efficient and accurate processing and documentation of purchased goods and services, within the overall goal of minimizing the total cost of purchased goods and services without impacting service levels
- Manage day-to-day business relationships with key suppliers and internal customers through activities including, but not limited to:
- Purchase Order Creation
- Requirements gathering
- Competitive bidding
- Contract creation
- Contract compliance
- Issue resolution
- Follow up and tracking
- Supplier relationship management
- Interpret company policy, operating practices and business requirements to formulate various strategies for managing company's relationship with its suppliers of various goods and services
- Uses discretion and own judgment to select suppliers and enter into agreements on behalf of the company consistent with procurement best practice and company policy.
- Interpret supplier contracts and company policy to formulate and apply terms and conditions that protect and support Monsanto's business objectives.
- Reviews supplier proposals and negotiates contract terms and conditions on behalf of the company including, but not limited to: sustainability, supplier diversity, price, delivery, quantity, service levels, and quality
- Analyze and interpret spending activities and operating practices to make recommendations for action to internal stakeholders and management on various purchasing matters including but not limited to: sustainability & diversity as it relates to supplier selection, supplier consolidation and segmentation, price determination, contract management, payment terms and payment mechanisms, and supplier relationship management.
- Lead multi-functional sourcing team efforts that will vary in complexity, spend and impact to the business.
- Investigate and resolve supplier or supply issues
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, or related discipline with work experience in a purchasing related role and/or purchasing related experience OR a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management with an emphasis/coursework in purchasing
- Basic understanding of Procurement in corporate setting
- Strong interpersonal skills; Able to forge internal customer and external supplier relationships
- Ability to comply with existing/quickly adapt to new processes within the organization
- Customer service oriented
- Detail and results oriented
- Previous experience procuring goods and services
- Experience in SAP or similar purchasing software
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.