Performs routine assignments in the entry level to a professional job progression. Typically has knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts. Develops competence by performing structured work assignments. Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems. Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others. Key Responsibilities
- Negotiates pricing and other terms of purchase under supervision. Manage none strategic suppliers (none QFM)< $5M. Quotes materials; procures materials, components, equipment and services at the lowest cost consistent with consideration of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need. Expedites and ensures the timely receipt of materials.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to maintain inventory at planned levels. Interfaces with Accounting and Receiving to resolve problems.
- Works with engineering and MPM or SCM to recommend new suppliers. Issues RFQs, analyzes proposals, negotiates prices and delivery, issues and/or adjusts purchase orders in a timely manner. Follows-up on orders, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records. Negotiates vendor contracts, as appropriate. Follows purchasing business processes.
- Reviews MRP on a regular basis; executes and cancels pull ins, push outs and planner orders as prioritized.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of theories, practices and procedures within a discipline
- Applies general knowledge of business developed through education or past experience
- No supervisory responsibilities; accountable for developing technical contribution
- Uses existing procedures to solve standard problems; analyzes information and standard practices to make judgments
- Has limited impact on own work team; works within standardized procedures and practices to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
- Exchanges straightforward information, asks questions and checks for understanding
- Bachelor's Degree
- Up to 1 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.