With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
The Buyer II is a mid-level purchasing position that procures Direct and Indirect (MRO) materials, Services, Capital, testing materials for Research and Development, and other items as required. Procurement is based on long term forecasts, MRP, and other demand planning tools. Procurement responsibilities are aligned with overall company financial and operations goals and objectives. Buyer will develop knowledge of product lines and commodities and materials in areas of responsibility. Continuity of supply, quality, and overall material cost management are primary responsibilities. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Responsible for the procurement of materials and production related supplies $25M or more annually. Responsible for multiple vendors.
- Reviews, approves, and processes purchase orders based on Long Term Planning (LTP), Material Requirement Planning (MRP), and other forecasting and demand management tools.
- Reviews, approves, and processes purchase orders based on Research and Development requests, and other goods or services that are needed ensuring compliance with the B Braun purchasing procedures and standards.
- Procurement involves creation, negotiation of any change, maintenance, follow up with Accounts Payable (as required) and closure of purchase orders based on manufacturing and operation needs and requirements.
- Create and maintain Purchasing information records (PIRs).
- Maintain vendor and raw material master data files
- Stay abreast of Import requirements.
- Manage inventory levels on Raw materials
- Manages disposition of damaged or non-conforming materials in a timely and cost effective manner by creating return POs and return materials to the supplier, creating Destruction Authorization (DAs) to dispose of the materials or assisting in providing evidence to support product deviation.
- Execute and monitor SAP reports to ensure required materials are delivered on time, at the correct negotiated price and terms, and with acceptable quality.
- Execute and monitor SAP report to ensure inventory for all managed items are maintained at optimal levels based on manufacturing requirements and company financial objectives.
- Provides liaison services between vendors and all areas of manufacturing for the following:
- Accurate order status
- Documentation to suppliers; current blueprints, product specification, test specifications and requirements, and other related required documented quality procedures
- Coordinates with warehouse and quality to assist in delivery discrepancies or delivery damages. Work with Transportation (Customs, Brokers, Carriers) to close incident.
- Vendor issue resolution; researches sources of supply, provides cost effective alternatives, link between test items, production items and other related activities.
- Creates, manages or assists in Change Controls initiated by the supplier or B Braun.
- Maintains and encourages business growth with current suppliers and other B Braun facilities around the world.
- Source new suppliers as needed and complete vendor selection report (when working on projects).
- Send quote requests to new and potential suppliers and analyze bids.
- Negotiate inventory programs and work with legal to develop contracts.
- Negotiate for reduced cost on items, better terms and conditions, etc.
- Support and work closely with Cooperate Strategic Purchasing commodity managers, Business unit Directors, Marketing, Customer Service and Sales Team, Accounts Payable Team and other cooperate groups.
- Procure more complex commodities.
- Achieve KPIs and IPOs as defined.
- Manage the following reports: Inventory, DA report, SCANs, Late Order Report, Vendor Score Card Report.
- Reconcile subcontract materials at vendor site and consignment from vendors held at B Braun site.
- Provide back up for Purchasing Manager as required.
- Solid understanding of fundamental purchasing processes, and controls
- Analytical, trouble shooting and computer skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organized; ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Customer Service oriented
#LI-JH1 Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5 years Materials Management or Purchasing experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience using computer based materials & purchasing software including MRP
- Experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Master's Degree
- APICS Certification
- Medical Device or Pharmaceutical purchasing experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties
- Some travel may be required
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.