Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills. Builds knowledge of the company, processes and customers. Solves a range of straightforward problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.Key Responsibilities
- Negotiates pricing and other terms of purchase. manage strategic suppliers w/> $10M and suppliers w/ filed activities.Quotes materials; procures materials, components, equipment and services at the lowest cost consistent with consideration of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need. Expedites and ensures the timely receipt of materials.
- Works with engineering and MPM or SCM to recommend new suppliers. Issues RFQs, analyzes proposals, negotiates prices and delivery, issues and/or adjusts purchase orders in a timely manner. Follows-up on orders, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records. Negotiates vendor contracts, as appropriate. Follows standard purchasing business processes.
- Coordinates/drives purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to maintain inventory at planned levels. Leads problem resolution for material related accounting and receiving issues.
- Develops methods of business simplification for the procurement function. Assists or participates with the development of ISO documents for the purchasing function.
- Reviews MRP on a regular basis. Executes and cancels pull ins, push outs and planned orders as prioritized. Identifies issues and escalates as necessary to materials management. Reviews and ensures actions per disposition of ECOs on a world wide basis.
- Maintains inventory levels per plan and performs E&Z analysis. Minimizes excess and zero demand inventory. Provides input to management regarding action plans to address long term issues.
- Pulls and reads part specifications and engineering drawings. Utilizes knowledge of material types to communicate with engineers and suppliers. Provides feedback to engineering for cost reduction efforts.
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1 - 2 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.