Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Generate purchase orders while acting as liaison between company and suppliers for Corporate and Distribution Center orders.
- Negotiate pricing for services and raw materials with suppliers that do not fall under a Commodity Manager.
- Meet with new and existing vendors to discuss existing business, potential for new business, supply issues and cost reduction opportunities.
- Address invoice discrepancies for Corporate Office.
- Support Purchasing Manager and Commodity Manager on projects and day-to-day activities.
- Compile and distribute monthly reports. Create and maintain detailed vendor/supplier information regarding contact, account numbers and order avenues.
- Be a proactive contributor to cross-functional teams concerned with product development, process improvement and cost reduction.
- Be involved in all new product initiatives requiring supplier sourcing.
- Provide direction to the purchasing buyers/planners. This includes providing guidance with negotiating skills, planning/sequencing raw materials from supplier to factory, and problem solving. Work with the plant buyers/planners to ensure high supplier performance and assist with inventory reductions and lean initiatives.
- Manage key projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Supply Chain, Logistics, and Operations Management) preferred.
- One to three years of manufacturing experience in planning or purchasing.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Understanding of MRP and ERP systems and multi-plant relationships.
- Oracle experience is a plus.
- Able to communicate clearly and promptly to avoid confusion and misunderstanding.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and hold others accountable.
- Able to balance the needs of the organization with the needs of the customer.
- Can monitor and analyze progress to make and/or recommend changes as required.
- Ability to utilize reasoning and planning to understand a problem situation and implement corrective actions.
- Flexibility to travel 10%-20% to 9 plants in North America
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.