Is responsible for all operational and advanced purchasing activities within the given sub-commodity while ensuring compliance with overall JCI objectives, strategies and BOS procedures. Is responsible for the management of all suppliers within the commodity group. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Coordination of Program Purchasing activities over specific business units to ensure excellent product launches
- Control and approval of all Program Purchasing activities specified in the new product development process and decisions in line with customer demands and commodity strategies
- Ensure smooth project launches by controlling the acquisition, sourcing on time, in line with cost target, maintaining purchasing results through release to sale
- Guarantee financial control over complex, modular programs from phase 0-5 and over lifetime
- Ensure the cost-, quality and time-oriented supply of all required goods, materials, equipment's and services under compliance with the respective business plans, budgets and targets
- Initiate and support of proper Make or Buy decisions
- Initiate and support cost model & related Activities (incl. VA / VE and Kaizen activities)
- Guarantee compliance with business operating procedures
- Manage the Suppliers within the given programs (Request for Quotes RFQ, change management, contract negotiations, payment queries, dispute resolution etc.)
- Support to implement strategies and actions to reduce suppliers, in line with agreed targets
- Support implementation of Global Commodity strategies
- Support proactive cooperation with BT&S (Building business) & PS (Power Solution) Divisions in order to leverage volumes and common supplier sourcing
- Implement strategies and actions to achieve FY (Fiscal Year) cost reduction goals, including PO-to-PO (Purchasing Order) reductions and rebates
- Support accurate and timely reporting of key measures
- Improve working capital through optimum payment terms
- Implementation and continuous improvement of standardization activities
- Support and implement diversity strategies.
- Bachelor's degree with 1-3 years' experience in procurement including buying and managing commodities
- Ability to gather, relate and summarize information into logical conclusions.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to interact with internal customers and suppliers.
- Highly motivated individual capable of handling multiple responsibilities.
- Demonstrated leadership, organization, planning, administration and team playing skills.
- Requires advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to use business systems software.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.