In accordance with corporate and group policies and procedures, and under direction of the N.A. Director Indirect Procurement, the employee shall lead the implementation of corporate initiatives and create and/or identify cost savings projects in plants and engage the improvement of the trade working capital. This position is responsible for an annual indirect material spend from $60-125 Million across multiple (10+) locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Implements supply chain strategies provided by corporate procurement. Evaluates savings opportunities, launches initiatives and manages implementation as a project manager. Focuses on indirect spend categories such as MRO, OEM spare parts, Forklifts, etc.
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY:
- Meet or exceed annual goals related to cost and trade working capital
- Propose and report Regional/Low spend Category strategies to support site purchased material
- Interpolate and cleanse (validate spend and align category code) for site spends
- Implement strategies and actions to reduce suppliers, standardization and/or demand management
- Prepare, review and analyze RFx documents, lead the negotiation process with suppliers
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of key metrics.
- Support trade working capital improvement and associated ERP changes.
- Ensure compliance with JCI BOS and SOX procedures
- Clearly understand the needs of the plants, spend control and analytics by plant to provide inputs to the Category team about existing strategies or new strategies.
- Create and fill the roadmap of the assigned plants and keep the reports accurate.
- Resolves escalation issues and find resolution including contract compliance failures.
- Works with minimal supervision and may be assisted by entry and intermediate level employees.
- Interfaces between other Business units, corporate procurement and manufacturing facilities
- Proactive work with local indirect buyers to identify savings/efficiency opportunities
- Purchases assigned items at the best cost from reliable sources, following established standards for quality, quantity, and other factory requirements of the business
- Advises management of improvements on standard materials and equipment, price changes, marketing changes and source changes
Responsible for add/change suppliers according with the Building Technologies and Solutions policies and in compliance with the strategies.
#external QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty adequately. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Desire to drive change, continuous improvement and sourcing processes, Travel required. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Supply Chain, Logistics, and Operations Management) preferred.
- Three to five years of manufacturing experience in planning, project management or purchasing.
- Good PC / software knowledge/skills Proficiency in Excel.
- Experience in cost analysis, strong analytical skills & business acumen
- Proficiency in ERP/MRP and its impact on a multi-plant supply chain.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and hold others accountable.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize organizational goals with the needs of the customer.
- Can review projects, monitor and analyze progress and make and/or recommend changes as required.
- Perform a situational appraisal and implement a solution.
- High level negotiation skills, Self Management, Self Motivated
- Flexibility to travel 30% (global and domestic)
Candidate should have the ability to cooperate with people of varying levels both inside/outside the organization and interacts with the team to establish and achieve team goals and objectives LEADERSHIP
Candidate should have the ability to influence others to achieve results through professional motivation, recognition and performance feedback. COMMUNICATION
Candidate should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to express information/ideas in a professional manner to varying levels of people and customers. Strong English skills required. Multi language capabilities preferred.
Candidate should have the ability to take actions, make informed decisions and generate ideas to improve overall business performance on key metrics directly influenced by this position. OWNERSHIP/COMMITMENT
Candidate should have the ability to assume responsibility for decisions & results even when all elements are not under the individual's direct control. PLANNING/BALANCE
Candidate should have the ability to establish goals consistent with company objectives and to adapt plans to a changing environment.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.